I'm in the process of designing a scoop used for automotive purposes. Anybody know some formulas pertaining to pressure, velocity and area dealing with scoops (Funnels, cones, etc)? Thanks for the help! Joe
Where ρ is density, V is velocity of the flow, and A is the cross-sectional area.
"Fundamentals of Aerodynamics" by John D. Anderson provides a very in-depth look at flows through nozzles, diffusers and wind tunnels in Chapter 10, if you need more information (it's way more than I can easily go through here)
EDIT: On second thought, I could go through it... I just don't have time until the weekend. If noone else can fill you in before then, I'll write it up. PM me if I forget, please.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving