Engineering Fluid Mechanics Textbook: Any Suggestions?

In summary, the person is looking for a good engineering fluid mechanics textbook and asks for suggestions. Some classic ones are mentioned and a specific textbook is recommended. The person clarifies if they are looking for an introductory book or a more theoretical one, and shares their experience with a book they tried. They mention wanting a book with engineering applications as a prerequisite for an aerodynamics course. They also mention finding a couple of books and plan to share their thoughts on them later.
NeoDevin
I'm looking for a good Engineering Fluid Mechanics textbook.

Any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
I tried the Landau and Lif****z book, and didn't like it, seemed to me to be too theoretical, not many applications or problems. I'm looking for one with engineering applications, to serve as the prerequisite for an engineering aerodynamics course I want to take next year.

I found a couple of books, I'll post here if they're any good once I'm done with them.

1. What topics are covered in the Engineering Fluid Mechanics textbook?

The Engineering Fluid Mechanics textbook covers topics such as fluid statics, fluid dynamics, Bernoulli's equation, flow visualization, and the Navier-Stokes equations.

2. Is this textbook suitable for beginners?

Yes, the textbook is designed for students with little or no prior knowledge of fluid mechanics. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the subject with clear explanations and examples.

3. Are there any practice problems or exercises included in the textbook?

Yes, the textbook contains numerous practice problems and exercises to help students apply their knowledge and practice problem-solving skills.

4. Does the textbook include real-world applications of fluid mechanics?

Yes, the textbook includes real-world examples and applications of fluid mechanics, such as aerodynamics, hydraulics, and biomedical engineering.

5. Are there any online resources available to supplement the textbook?

Yes, the textbook may come with access to online resources such as interactive simulations, videos, and additional practice problems to further enhance the learning experience.