Exploring Fluid Oscillations in V-Tube: Does the Angle Matter?

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding the equation for oscillation of a "fractionless" fluid in a v-shaped tube, with uncertainty about the role of the angle in the equation. The attempted solution involved the use of the simple harmonic motion equation, with a question about its accuracy. The conversation ended with the individual figuring out the solution on their own.
ljeonjko

Homework Statement

Basically, the goal of the "project" is to find the equation for oscillation of a "fractionless" fluid in a v-shaped tube, regarding the angle. I know how to solve the same problem regarding a u-shaped tube, but in this case, I can't figure out where to place the angle in the equation... Does the angle even affect the osciallations at all? From where I am now, it seems like it doesn't, but I doubt that's true. Any help is appreciated, thank you :)
image.png

Homework Equations

Simple harmonic motion equation.

The Attempt at a Solution

So, I'm currently at w(angular frequency)=sqrt[2*g/(hl+hd/cos(angle)]... is that right?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
*ignore this*

does anyone have a clue?

anybody?

Nvm guys, figured it out... thanks for nothing. :)

What is a V-tube and how does it work?

A V-tube is a device used to measure fluid flow and pressure. It consists of two tubes connected at the bottom to form a V shape. One tube is connected to a fluid source, while the other is open to the atmosphere. The differential pressure between the two tubes can be measured to determine the flow rate of the fluid.

What causes fluid oscillations in a V-tube?

Fluid oscillations in a V-tube are caused by the alternating pressure differences between the two tubes. As the fluid flows through the tubes, it creates a pressure difference that causes the fluid to oscillate between the two tubes.

What factors affect the fluid oscillations in a V-tube?

The factors that affect fluid oscillations in a V-tube include the flow rate of the fluid, the diameter and length of the tubes, and the fluid properties such as density and viscosity. Additionally, any obstructions or bends in the tubes can also impact the oscillations.

How are fluid oscillations in a V-tube measured?

The fluid oscillations in a V-tube can be measured by using a manometer, which is a device that measures pressure differences. The manometer is connected to the two tubes and displays the differential pressure between them, allowing for the measurement of the fluid oscillations.

What are the applications of studying fluid oscillations in a V-tube?

The study of fluid oscillations in a V-tube has various applications in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and process engineering. It can help in accurately measuring fluid flow rates and pressure differences, which is crucial in optimizing system performance and detecting any abnormalities or malfunctions.