1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fluids - ME315

1. Feb 20, 2006 #1
    THis is more of a proof problem. I worked the problem up until the point where it begins a replacement for r/R.

The book has enough examples to understand it up until that point.. but then it jumps from radii to simply the n term.

I got a copy of the solution from the professor and I just don't get why they do that. I can't integrate that function in any way to get that new n-based equation.

Any ideas on what's going on? I cant find anything in the book on that.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 21, 2006 #2
    so we've sort of got it figured out.. the inner radius is r. the outer is R. the n in the system is just the ratio of the centerline velocity, and average velocity. relate that to the r and R.
    and you can have n = r/R = u(bar) / u(c) ... and do a replacement and then do integration by parts.. and it all works out.. eventually.. the intergration by parts was a pain.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?