Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Flyback Transformer (LOPT)

1. May 10, 2003 #1
    Well, I didn't know where to post this...but it's here now:)

I removed a flyback from my colour monitor and after removing it I succeeded in breaking what seems to be (or closely connected to) the ferrite core. It is a metallic (I think, it is cold to the touch) piece, black on mine, in the shape of a U with a metal clamp holding it tight, it is on the outside of the flyback, my question is, did I break the flyback? or just a piece that wasn't necessary.

I put the CRT HV connector in one hole on the monitor plug in and one end of a neon-light tester in the other hole, and then put the other end of the tester on the one lead of the flyback, now I got a light to light up, as if it was good. The tester has 3 lights and one top "thing" (I say thing because I'm not exactly sure what it is) and only the bottom light comes on, the same as if I plugged it into a wall plug.

2. jcsd
  3. May 10, 2003 #2
    kyle_soule,
    Sounds like a screw up to me
    you can check this link for information;

http://www.powerlabs.org/flybackdriver.htm

I will tell you what might work; Don't put glue on the broken areas, but press them together tightly and find a clever way to glue it on the sides.
    PS I'm a real whiz with adhesive repairs and you can PM me if you need more detail.
    Best of luck to you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?