Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Automotive Food cart suspension

1. Feb 18, 2013 #1
    34rsio5.jpg

Hello.

I'm trying to start my own mobile juicing business.
    I have the money to build my own mobile cart.

I spent some time thinking what I want my cart to do.

I want to incorporate a mechanical suspension
    That can lift up the cart for traveling
    So it can go over steps and curbs
    (Off road wagon style, no problem)

But then I want to be able to set it down
    So I can have my table at elbow level
    For smooth stable sale operations

So I came up with this but I'm not sure what mechanical parts I would need to put the suspension together in order to give the suspension on my cart this function.

BTW: I plan to use 8 bicycle tires. It's not going to be on the road. I'm not going to tow it. I'm going to tie it up on top of a flat bed trailer that is road ready and tow the flatbed trailer. When I get to my sales gig, I plan to unload it from my flat bed trailer and push / pull it to it's destination.

So yeah, I was wondering if you guys could maybe give some ideas on how I could possibly design this in the simplest most stable and efficient way possible?

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2016 #2
    OK. I think what you should do is make the wheels clip into mobile mode and have a button to push it out into set up mode, plus you could make some "legs" that fold out and lock into place to keep it from rolling away ( or you could put locks on the wheels). as for going up stairs and curbs you coud just get some suspension ( like on a mountain bike).
    (PS: I am not sure HOW you are going to put EIGHT wheels on it but I guess as long as you know) :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted