Food phobias

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date

Ouabache

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Try okra in a seafood gumbo you might change your mind. :P
I agree.. Okra is delicious in gumbo.. Cajun cooks, worth their salt, won't cook a gumbo without it..
The taste & texture I can't rave about when cooked by itself in a saucepan.

For food phobias? In western culture, insects don't make a bit hit on the dinner table..
Sowbugs (those little woodlice you find under a log or a rock, that curl up when you touch them) probably put your off, yet they are in the same phylum (Arthopoda) and subphylum (Crustacea) as lobster & crab, which are might tastey.:tongue2:

I'm afraid to eat blowfish. There is this nagging fear that I could die.
My mother has a sister, she is very good at cooking with a blowfish

AE stud xD

RAW OCTOPUS! damn!.. i saw a jap tv show, and theres this guy who dared to eat one..
guess what, he choked. that kinda creeped me out! i mean im a fan of japanese sushi!

wolram

Gold Member
The smell of a ham joint being boiled actually makes me sick, is this a phobia?

AE stud xD

no that's not phobia.. i mean, you just get sick when you smell it.

so i guess you just hate it.. :]

Last edited by a moderator:
RAW OCTOPUS! damn!.. i saw a jap tv show, and theres this guy who dared to eat one.. guess what, he choked. that kinda creeped me out!
I liked boiled octopus. In Japan they have street vendors selling bright red octopus on a stick (or is it squid?) - meaty and slightly smoky, like a very tough hot dog.

Sowbugs (those little woodlice you find under a log or a rock, that curl up when you touch them) probably put your off, yet they are in the same phylum (Arthopoda) and subphylum (Crustacea) as lobster & crab, which are might tastey.
And beef is in the same phylum and class as bat.