What Are Your Favorite Foods? Share Your Culinary Delights!

• Thread starter Vance
  • Start date
In summary: Let simmer until the peas are cooked through. Top with fresh ananas and serve. In summary, Vance likes to eat experimental sandwiches made with various meats, vegetables, and sauces. He also enjoys eating risotto made with different fruits and spices.
Vance
Well, I guess i am hungry now.
I don't like hamburger, but I like raw Hams On Salad, Letuce and sure there will be Italian Dressing on the top.
I like Unagi-the only fish i eat twice a week.
I always go to Kaiten Sushi restaurant with my brother when he is home with me.
I also like most of Thai, Chinese foods and I hate KFC. Never, i never go to KFC, to order some little fried chickens or potatos with a S, M or L sized cup of coca cola and sit still reading my book, and from time to time look out of the windows to watch people walking by staring at me, that's the terrible scene i could imagine. But I think I love Mr Donuts though.

So, what foods do you like ? If you know how to cook any speciality, please tell me also. Thanks a lot.

Physics news on Phys.org
I cook a nice curry. I like pizza, fresh fruit, and experimental sandwiches.

I LOVE food! What a coincidence!

I can't cook! :rofl: :surprise:

:confused:

Experimental sandwhiches, hey? Sounds like my lunch everyday. I tried putting satay sauce, mustard, sausage meat (cooked of course, it's not as nice raw), lettuce and onions on a sandwich today, using toast instead of bread. It was... interesting...

Last edited by a moderator:
amwbonfire said:
I LOVE food! What a coincidence!

I can't cook! :rofl: :surprise:
Yup, there was usually some people in my house doing cooking jobs, we didnt have to cook. So I didnt know how to cook ! Whats the problm though ? I now know how to cook well different kinds of foods.
i just can't cook dishes like those in restaurants. Thats why i asked if any of you knew how to cook goody ones or not, just let me know. Anyway, if you know how to bake a kangaroo, i am also ready to listen... :tongue:
:cool:

amwbonfire said:
Experimental sandwhiches, hey? Sounds like my lunch everyday. I tried putting satay sauce, mustard, sausage meat (cooked of course, it's not as nice raw), lettuce and onions on a sandwich today, using toast instead of bread. It was... interesting...

Yes, interesting. Also nice is to used philadelphia cheese (both the white and the smoked salmon-flavoured one). I put a lot of muchrooms in my sandwiches lately. Olives too! Dill pickles and sour gherkins (don't put too much of those, they are steal the taste of the other incredients.)
And sometimes, when I don't feel like eating a steak the traditional way, I stick in between two mustared and cheesed piece of bread. Tasty! :tongue:

Share your inspirations you sandwich-artists out there!

quasar987 said:
Yes, interesting. Also nice is to used philadelphia cheese (both the white and the smoked salmon-flavoured one). I put a lot of muchrooms in my sandwiches lately. Olives too! Dill pickles and sour gherkins (don't put too much of those, they are steal the taste of the other incredients.)
And sometimes, when I don't feel like eating a steak the traditional way, I stick in between two mustared and cheesed piece of bread. Tasty! :tongue:

Share your inspirations you sandwich-artists out there!
What? you meant that guy from Philadelphia ? But why he says he is from Australia. I think he must be using an Australia proxy to visit forum ? How could you see it is not from Kangaru land ?

Vance said:
What? you meant that guy from Philadelphia ? But why he says he is from Australia. I think he must be using an Australia proxy to visit forum ? How could you see it is not from Kangaru land ?

Vance, who are you talking about? I'm confused... :confused:

And you spelt kangaroo incorrectly... :thumbs_do And why'd you call Australia kangaroo land? We have koalas and emus too... you forget them! :cry:

Why the hell did they change the emoticons on this board? The old ones were GOOD :thumbs_up

Last edited by a moderator:
food-avocados are the supreme food on this earth! cheese is the next thing, and then ice cream. in general, i love mexican and lebanese foods the best...for drinking, water, diet coke with lime and (aussie) shiraz are my drinks of choice...

I don't have a favorite, I like variety in my food. Some days I have a craving for a big, juicy, rare hamburger smothered in ketchup and mayonnaise, another day, a pan seared steak with horseradish sauce, or a baked acorn squash with some brown sugar and butter, or curried chicken, or an avocado mixed with salsa (my quick and easy version of guacamole), or fresh mozarella on tomato...oh, geez, I just had big bowl of popcorn and now I'm getting hungry again!

I made Risotto with ananas and curry yesterday

Rise
peas
paprika
ananas
onion
mushrooms
salt & curry

Boil the rise. Fry the mushroom and onion to medium, then put in the finished rise, peas, paprika and a small box of ananas with the sauce in the pan, add salt and curry. And Voilà!

Kerrie said:
food-avocados are the supreme food on this earth!

I make AvocadoSalsa too :D Tastes delicious!

Avokados
Red onion
Paprika
Tomatoes
Tobasco
Lime
Oliveoil
Spisskum(cant find the name in english) & Coriander
Taco chips

Peal the Avocado and take out the insides of the tomatoes. Chop everything to pieces except the taco chips and you know what. Fry Spisskum and Coriander in the oil to make taste. Mix the pieces but be careful of the avocado since they are fragile. Add the Lime, a little tabasco and the spices on top. Mix some more, and eat it all on taco shells. Yum!

Last edited:
Kerrie said:
food-avocados are the supreme food on this earth! cheese is the next thing, and then ice cream. in general, i love mexican and lebanese foods the best...for drinking, water, diet coke with lime and (aussie) shiraz are my drinks of choice...
oooh avocados. Now I'm craving avocados. :frown:

pace said:
I make AvocadoSalsa too :D Tastes delicious!

Avokados
Red onion
Paprika
Tomatoes
Tobasco
Lime
Oliveoil
Spisskum(cant find the name in english) & Coriander
Taco chips

Peal the Avocado and take out the insides of the tomatoes. Chop everything to pieces except the taco chips and you know what. Fry Spisskum and Coriander in the oil to make taste. Mix the pieces but be careful of the avocado since they are fragile. Add the Lime, a little tabasco and the spices on top. Mix some more, and eat it all on taco shells. Yum!
Pace, that sounds YUMMY! :approve:

Last edited:
i love strawberry flavored anything. but then again, i don't cook my food. poptarts rock my world. ;-)

When I was a kid, I LOVED poptarts, but now I can't figure out why. They taste like cardboard! I don't think they have as much filling as they used to...or maybe since I was smaller, it looked like more?

1. What is your favorite kind of food?

As a scientist, I am always exploring new foods and flavors. I do not have a particular favorite kind of food, but I am always open to trying new dishes and cuisines.

2. Do you have any dietary restrictions?

Yes, as a scientist, I prioritize eating a well-balanced diet to support my research and experiments. This includes incorporating a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins into my meals.

3. How do you decide what foods to eat?

I base my food choices on nutrition and scientific research. I make sure to include a variety of nutrients in my meals to support my overall health and well-being.

4. What is your opinion on processed foods?

As a scientist, I understand that processed foods can provide convenience and affordability, but they may also lack important nutrients. I believe in moderation and balance when it comes to consuming processed foods.

5. How do you handle food allergies or intolerances?

I take food allergies and intolerances very seriously and make sure to avoid any ingredients that may cause a reaction. I also consult with a registered dietitian to ensure I am meeting my nutritional needs while avoiding any trigger foods.