Football freaks only - Which league is the best?

• Thread starter EL
  • Start date

Which football league is the best?

• Total voters
Wow, that is the best counterargument you can come up with? Seems to me that is a way of admiting defeat and acknowledging the superiority of La Liga :rolleyes:

dont be stupid, if barcelona are so good then where are they in the champ league? what about real madrid?

dont be stupid, if barcelona are so good then where are they in the champ league? what about real madrid?

I don't care about the mandrils, in fact I laughed my soul out when the conceded a goal within the first 10 seconds in the match against Bayern. Ok, this has been a black season for spanish teams in the Champions, let's see what happens next year

Last edited:
A very black season for spain, i do love watching barcelona and real madrid though. But i do find that in general premiership games are alot more exciting to watch than the la liga games.

And a very good one for England..3 teams

EL
Science Advisor
But i do find that in general premiership games are alot more exciting to watch than the la liga games.
It's easy to suspect some bias in this statement...:rolleyes:

I find the Swedish league very exciting, but I doubt noone else here does...

Hopefully resulting in another treble for Man U!
Judging by the special ones performance in the FA cup that could happen, but I think both clubs are in the crap now, too many injuries. Its a lottery who wins IMHO.

UEFA has decided which is the strongest league, because it assigns coefficients to the various domestic leagues in order to establish the number of clubs representing each country in the UEFA competitions. These are the coefficients for the 2007/08 campaign

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/Keytopics/k...Id=436763.html

1)Spain 72748
2)Italy 66731
3)England 63486
4)France 50781
5)Germany 48364

These are numbers and statistics and not the fanatical babble of some of the members here
Which year was the data take to create this table? certainly not 2006/2007 or 2005 as a matter of fact

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easy to suspect some bias in this statement...:rolleyes:

I find the Swedish league very exciting, but I doubt noone else here does...
Now I do, since Larrsen will be playing there again

EL
Science Advisor
Now I do, since Larrsen will be playing there again
Please...L-A-R-S-S-O-N

i'm probably one of the few neutral sides here..and i have to go with the serieA with clost competition from the Ligua, the Premiere division is third. i'm from Lebanon btw. Italy has contact football and very nice tactical play and magnificent players to watch. La ligua has nice strategies and great players. besides Man UTD and Chelsea and Arsenal who has world class players in England? i only watch them because of Chelsea and Theiry Henry ! i dont know 1 player in England who can entertain viewers like ronaldinho, ibrahimovic, adriano....do.

probably the english league would improve when the work permit is eased up a little. comon english ppl were are your brazilians and argentinians??!?!?

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
comon english ppl
I'll take that as a phrase that's lost in translation :rolleyes:
were are your brazilians and argentinians??!?!?
erm.. West Ham Utd? :tongue2:

Last edited:
EL
Science Advisor
I'm a bit surprised I get "team mates" in Serie A now, but not at the time the thread was started. I mean since then Serie A has become a bit demolished due to the bribe scandal etc. Actually I would go for La Liga right now...

Last edited:
i'm probably one of the few neutral sides here..and i have to go with the serieA with clost competition from the Ligua, the Premiere division is third. i'm from Lebanon btw. Italy has contact football and very nice tactical play and magnificent players to watch. La ligua has nice strategies and great players. besides Man UTD and Chelsea and Arsenal who has world class players in England? i only watch them because of Chelsea and Theiry Henry ! i dont know 1 player in England who can entertain viewers like ronaldinho, ibrahimovic, adriano....do.
Lebanese you say? We have a crappy league here, that's why we are fans of European leagues, but I agree with you on SerieA .
Ps:I like very much the German league, but I don't feel it rises up to leagues like the Italian one..

Last edited:
common = as in come on, sorry for that.
we have a league in Lebanon? damn :P

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
common = as in come on, sorry for that.
:rofl: that makes more sense!