1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Football Problem

1. Dec 12, 2005 #1
    I get the feeling this one is really easy but im having a hard time. im trying to figure this out but its making me go nuts. I think you might have to use the range formula but im not 100 percent sure. thanks in advance

A football is thrown toward a receiver with an initial speed of 20 m/s at an angle of 25° above the horizontal. At what horizontal distance the receiver should be to catch the football at the level at which it was thrown?
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2005 #2
    you should really show some work before asking for help and yes this is a really easy one.

HINT: finding the time the ball is in the air is key to calculating the range.
  4. Dec 12, 2005 #3
    You just need to substitute the given variables in the formula to find range. I don't know what is difficult here? Please make clear the part you have not understood if you want us to explain you something. We cannot read your mind, only what you write.
  5. Dec 12, 2005 #4
    This is a qn on 2D motion, You can solve it using one of the four formulas in kinematics.. See what are the given quantities and what is it that u are finding.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?