Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

For a limited time only

1. Nov 5, 2005 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Why the heck do places offer various things that are absolutely incredible "for a limited time only". This place called boston market had this little chocolate cake that was :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised delicious! And now they stopped selling it :(

I then started thinkinga bout it and I just don't buy the idea that they do it for a short time to create a high demand for a brief profit. When these things are as delicious as they are most of the time, I don't see how demand would drop off over time! I never buy anything with "It's only here for a limited time!" compelling me to buy it more often. I get it because its there...

stupid people

What kinda world would we live in if me, the great Pengwuino, were only here for a limited time?

Stop smiling...

you too, i see you smiling.... jerks!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 5, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm...usually those things are to introduce a new product to see how it sells. If it does well, it stays on their permanent menu. I guess people who eat at Boston Market don't have good tastebuds for chocolate. :rolleyes:

I'm sure there's a place on their website for comments...you can tell them how great it was...sometimes things come "back by popular demand" if they hear from enough people who liked it and want it made a permanent menu item.

4. Nov 5, 2005 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

What about... bum bum bum... the McRib!

It's come back and left nad come back and left sooooooooooo many times :(

5. Nov 5, 2005 #4
    You know, 90% of the threads you start are on the subject of stupid people.

6. Nov 5, 2005 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Penguino, advertising. Advertising, Penguino. You two should spends some time together and get acquainted....

7. Nov 5, 2005 #6

russ_watters

And we responded. Hmm....

8. Nov 5, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Poor Pengwuino must have a self-esteem problem to think anyone who knows less than him must be stupid. I mean, what else could anyone conclude? :uhh: :rolleyes: :tongue: It couldn't be that he thinks anyone with a difference of opinion is stupid, could it? Then again, how could anyone decide to stop selling something chocolate?!!! It's beyond comprehension! The Sisterhood will have to look into this atrocity.

Oh, hold on, let me take this call...
    Hello? ... What's that? ... Oh, I see. ... Yes. Okay, I'll let them know.

That was the Sisterhood Intelligence Network...they said not to worry, it's just a minor supply issue; apparently they couldn't keep up with the production needed to meet our orders for stockpiling our subterranean shelter. :biggrin:

9. Nov 5, 2005 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:!!) :!!) :!!) oh thank god!

But really, how smart can someone be if they refuse to give chocolate :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Anyone who disagrees with me is stupid, stupid people don't sell chocolate, moonbear agrees iwth no selling chocolate, thus moonbear agrees im stupid. You jerk! :devil: :devil:

10. Nov 5, 2005 #9
    :devil: :devil:

[​IMG]

:biggrin:

11. Nov 5, 2005 #10
    That'll go nicely on your tombstone.

I wonder how the tombstone cutter is coming along, by the way. Anyone heard any news about Pengwuino's tombstone?

12. Nov 5, 2005 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

From what I hear, I'm being ripped off :devil: :devil: :devil:

13. Nov 5, 2005 #12

russ_watters

I feel his pain - I mean, my eyes are good, but even I have trouble seeing people's points when they are that far below me. :biggrin:

14. Nov 5, 2005 #13
    Like the limited edition dark chocolate twix

ITS AMAZING!!!!!!

Normal twix are way too sweet, this one tastes like twix should taste! It doesn't taste bitter at all, just less sweet.... I LOVE IT!!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?