US Residents: Where Are You From?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: Wisconsin?In summary, the person is born in California, has lived in Michigan, Virginia, Oregon, Connecticut, New Mexico, and now Pennsylvania.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Would you mind awfully if i ask which state of the usa you are in ? or better
still what part of the us you were born in. or both, if you were not born in the us just the state you live in will be fine, thankyou for your time.

Physics news on Phys.org
California, Born and living in.

Age 0--10: Connecticut
10--25: Virginia
25--30:Oregon
30--now: Connecticut

None. I am just hijacking this thread.

Born in California (San Diego), lived in Michigan, Virginia, and now New Mexico.

Born in Missouri (St. Louis), lived in Missouri until 2004, currently go to school in Illinois (Urbana-Champaign).

Born in Massachusetts. Now live in New Hampshire.

Born in Texas. Have lived in Maryland, Washington DC, Georgia, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois & Kansas

Arizona

born in Canada though

Born here in Az...still here...

born califriona(in Long beach :frown:)
Living in Texas

Born and living in Oregon.

born and living in california

Born in Michigan, lived a bunch of places, and now I am back in Michigan.

Born in Moldova, live in California...

Born and lived in California

Born in Nebraska, lived my younger years in Florida, teen years in Michigan, collage years in colorado. Settled in Michigan.

Born and living in California (went to school in NM for a while)

bomba923 said:
Born in Moldova, live in California...
Hmm, so Moldova's between Romania and Ukraine, eh ? I don't be knowing exactly where those places are but a hippie friend of mine once told me that Ukraine is near Georgia. So I guess that puts you near...ummm, Arkansas ?

Gokul43201 said:
Hmm, so Moldova is between Romania and Ukraine, eh ? I don't know exactlywhere those places are but a fried once told me that Ukraine is near Georgia. So I guess that puts you near...ummm, Arkansas ?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Born and raised in New Jersey, acquired enough intelligence to know to get the heck out, lived in Michigan and Ohio for a bit, and now am in West Virginia, and am pleasantly surprised to really enjoy living here :bugeye: so if the opportunity presents itself, I may stick around more permanently...or not. :rolleyes:

GUAM! Born and living in, although I've been a lot of other places since then.

Evo said:
Born in Texas.
...and we want you back. At least get us a "guest" avatar with you in a cowgirl hat. Gotta represent, girl!

Born and raised in Maine. And living in a really nice area; haven't had problems with anyone. And it's beautiful in many places.

Wollie, I was born in Alabama, lived in Texas for a loooong time, and right now I live in California.

Are you coming over to visit?

Born in Kansas City. Lived in Kansas, Ohio, Nebraska, Alaska, and Colorado.

26 houses in 11 cities.

Born in Egypt, lived for 6 years in West Virginia but moving to Alanta, Georgia in August and who knows what will happen after that.

Born in ST. Croix, lived in New Jersey, New York and currently in Pennsylvania

Born in Melbourne, Australia - and still an Aussie.

Lived in TX, not to far from Evo (for about 13 years), spent one summer in Golden, CO, but still living in TX, then moved to NY. When not in NY, I am mostly in CA, but spend time visiting various states.

Ahh I'm glad I am probably the only person on this board who can rightfully say they were born and raised in the good 'ol state of DELAWARE!

Living in Philadelphia, PA now though.

Born Texas.
Living in New Mexico

Born in Pennsylvania, lived in Maryland, Virginia, and Mississippi. Back in Pennsylvania.

Born in Louisiana, currently residing in Nevada.

Born in Austria, living in California.

LBC

= Cali

<h2>1. Where do most US residents come from?</h2><p>According to the US Census Bureau, the majority of US residents (around 76%) were born in the United States. The remaining 24% come from a variety of other countries.</p><h2>2. How many US residents are immigrants?</h2><p>As of 2019, there were approximately 44.9 million foreign-born individuals living in the United States, making up about 13.7% of the total US population.</p><h2>3. What is the most common country of origin for US residents?</h2><p>Mexico is the most common country of origin for US residents, with over 11 million Mexican-born individuals living in the US as of 2019. This is followed by China, India, the Philippines, and El Salvador.</p><h2>4. How has the diversity of US residents changed over time?</h2><p>The US has become increasingly diverse over the years, with a growing number of residents coming from a variety of countries and ethnic backgrounds. In 1970, over 83% of US residents were born in the US, compared to around 76% in 2019.</p><h2>5. Are there any states with a higher concentration of foreign-born residents?</h2><p>Yes, there are several states with a higher concentration of foreign-born residents, including California, New York, New Jersey, and Florida. These states tend to have larger cities with more job opportunities and cultural diversity, making them attractive destinations for immigrants.</p>

1. Where do most US residents come from?

According to the US Census Bureau, the majority of US residents (around 76%) were born in the United States. The remaining 24% come from a variety of other countries.

2. How many US residents are immigrants?

As of 2019, there were approximately 44.9 million foreign-born individuals living in the United States, making up about 13.7% of the total US population.

3. What is the most common country of origin for US residents?

Mexico is the most common country of origin for US residents, with over 11 million Mexican-born individuals living in the US as of 2019. This is followed by China, India, the Philippines, and El Salvador.

4. How has the diversity of US residents changed over time?

The US has become increasingly diverse over the years, with a growing number of residents coming from a variety of countries and ethnic backgrounds. In 1970, over 83% of US residents were born in the US, compared to around 76% in 2019.

5. Are there any states with a higher concentration of foreign-born residents?

Yes, there are several states with a higher concentration of foreign-born residents, including California, New York, New Jersey, and Florida. These states tend to have larger cities with more job opportunities and cultural diversity, making them attractive destinations for immigrants.