Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

For fans of Bill Watterson

1. Feb 7, 2012 #1

Dembadon

Gold Member

I found this interview a few minutes ago while searching for one of his strips: http://www.cleveland.com/living/index.ssf/2010/02/bill_watterson_creator_of_belo.html

At one point, I had all of the Calvin and Hobbes books that were available for purchase. I started reading them around age seven. I'm still amazed by how his strips are not only funny to seven-year-olds, but also to "grown-ups."

Hopefully the interview isn't a complete fabrication. Is there any way to verify this?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2012 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

cleveland.com is the web site of Cleveland's main (only?) newspaper, the Plain Dealer (I grew up with that paper when I was a kid, even though we lived 50 miles away), so I don't doubt that the interview is authentic.

I've eyed the boxed three-volume "Complete Calvin and Hobbes" many times in bookstores, but never felt quite extravagant enough to pay $150 for it (or $92-ish at amazon.com).

4. Feb 7, 2012 #3

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

thanks for posting this remembrance. My kids just loved Calvin and Hobbes along with teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook