For further courses on physics

In summary: You can then proceed to Masters or PhD afterwards. However, if you are really passionate about physics and want to jump straight into independent research, it is unlikely that you will have significant results without completing your undergrad in physics. It is recommended to get involved in a professor's research and reach out to them for potential opportunities. Trying to do independent research with only two semesters of physics lectures is not feasible.
humsafar
HI there...

I am currently doing my bachelors in computer sciences, for the first two semesters i was taught physics but it was more like that from previous levels just a bit advanced...

I want to study further and do independent research but where to start from?

I have heard about courses on standard model of physics (because matter, antimatter, atoms, quarks, QCD and related maths of these subjects interest me), so what should i do now to carry on?

Please Pleeeeez help me...

Physics news on Phys.org
Then go for physics. Its like a year's delay from taking com sci to a lifetime of fulfillment. That is if you really want physics. Having significant results by doing independent research without even finishing undergrad in physics is unlikely.

Try to get involved in a professor's research. Contact them and see if they need a hand. LOL @ trying to do independent research with only two semesters of physics lectures. Give your head a shake.

humsafar said:
I want to study further and do independent research but where to start from?

Starting from a BS. in Physics is a good choice, in my opinion. Because it gives you the very basics of what you really need to know for research.

Hi there,

I am glad to hear that you are interested in pursuing further studies in physics. I can understand your enthusiasm and desire to learn more about the subject. My first recommendation would be to speak with your professors or academic advisor about your interests and goals. They can provide guidance on which courses or programs would be best suited for your interests and can also offer advice on how to get started with independent research.

In terms of specific courses, the standard model of physics is definitely a great topic to explore. I would suggest looking into courses that focus on particle physics and quantum mechanics, as these are key areas within the standard model. Additionally, it may be beneficial to take courses in advanced mathematics, such as calculus and linear algebra, as these are essential tools in understanding the complex concepts within the standard model.

As for independent research, it is important to have a solid foundation in the fundamentals of physics before diving into a specific topic. So, make sure to take the necessary courses and build your knowledge base before starting your research. You can also reach out to professors or researchers in the field for guidance and potential research opportunities.

Lastly, don't be afraid to explore different areas within physics. While the standard model may be your current interest, there are many other fascinating topics within physics that may capture your attention. Keep an open mind and don't limit yourself to just one area of study.

I hope this helps guide you in your pursuit of further studies in physics. Best of luck in your academic journey!

1. How can I find further courses on physics?

There are several ways to find further courses on physics. You can search for courses on university websites, online learning platforms, or through professional organizations such as the American Physical Society. You can also ask your current professors or colleagues for recommendations.

2. What topics are typically covered in courses on physics?

Courses on physics cover a wide range of topics, including classical mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and astrophysics. They may also cover specialized areas such as biophysics or materials science.

3. How can I determine the level of difficulty for a course on physics?

The level of difficulty for a course on physics can vary depending on the institution and the specific course. You can determine the level of difficulty by looking at the prerequisites, course description, and syllabus. You can also read reviews from previous students or talk to the instructor for more information.

4. Are there online courses available for further studies in physics?

Yes, there are many online courses available for further studies in physics. These courses can be found on platforms such as Coursera, edX, and Khan Academy. Some universities also offer online courses for credit. However, it is important to research the credibility of the course and the instructor before enrolling.

5. Can I take further courses on physics if I do not have a background in the subject?

While having a background in physics can be helpful, it is not always necessary to take further courses on the subject. Many introductory courses are designed for students with little to no background in physics. However, it is important to be prepared to put in extra time and effort to catch up on any necessary concepts and skills.