Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

For fuzzyfelt and zoobie

1. Jul 13, 2011 #1

turbo

Gold Member

I logged onto Randy's site today and thought of you two. He is a creative genius. He takes found items like moose antlers, deer antlers, etc, and combines them with roots, branches, small tree trunks, bark, etc, to make one-of-a-kind furniture.

Lamps, bookcases, tables, etc... There is nothing that he won't tackle, and his creations keep winning awards and BIG bucks. He was a fairly regular attendee at my open-mic jams and my wife works with his girlfriend, so I thought I'd give him a shout-out here.

http://www.elegantlytwistedrusticfurniture.com/

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2011 #2

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

That is very cool. Reminds me of this last weekend. I finally found someone that amped up a Kalimba. Though with my head-cold, I could still not hear anything. "What's that? The amp is on? I can't hear anything. What's that? WHAT!?"

4. Jul 13, 2011 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Randy is a very creative person. It's hard to imagine somebody whose craft/art is more evocative of Maine. Randy keeps getting Adirondack awards, but his furniture is far beyond that. He's not making camp-chairs and lounges, but stuff that is art in its own right.

5. Jul 13, 2011 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I don't quite get it, zooby is an extremely gifted portait artist.

Is fuzzyfelt a furniture artist?

6. Jul 13, 2011 #5
    Looks like humans are finally catching up on brush technology. If he keeps this up he'll figure out how we zoobies make our computers from sticks, vines, rocks and trout skeletons.

7. Jul 13, 2011 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Both appreciate art in many forms. Randy's furniture is definitely art - it's just another medium.

8. Jul 13, 2011 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Can you really do that? I need a DSL modem that does not need AC power....

9. Jul 13, 2011 #8
    What makes you think we don't have AC?

10. Jul 13, 2011 #9

turbo

Gold Member

What's the secret? Trout skeletons?

11. Jul 21, 2011 #10

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

Thanks so much for sharing this, Turbo!!

I logged in to search for something and this thread was on the first page, sorry I missed it before, I haven't been around.

Really creative ideas, very nice indeed!

12. Jul 21, 2011 #11

turbo

Gold Member

I'm glad you like it. Randy is a genius. You may or may not like his taste, but it's hard to argue against his sense of style and originality.

13. Jul 21, 2011 #12

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

Absolutely! And skill, too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook