Dealing with Unrequited Love: How to Cope and Stay Sane

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary: It seems to me that a lot of people who are in love with someone who doesn't love them back are feeling terrible pain and suffering because they do not feel that they can be with the person they love. They feel that they cannot be happy unless they can be with that person.What I am going to say next may or may not be true, but it is worth thinking about:In summary, unrequited love can be a painful experience, and there may not be a simple solution. It's important to consider the circumstances and potential reasons for the unreciprocated feelings. Sometimes, it may be possible to move on and find love elsewhere, while other times, it may be more meaningful to stay true to your feelings and
But, Trib, she's legally 18 now...notice the 17 is finally gone? :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
it isn't the legality of it all, it's more of a health issue.

Thats where I come in :D
Just kidding..

where are you whozum?

NE Scottsdale, you?

NW Mesa, wow, want to go get a beer and I'll beat you up real quick?

he's only 19. sides, you should wait, I'm going to be there in 2 weeks!

oh, you want to watch me beat him up?

i'd like to watch you try to beat anything up. especially after you've had a beer.

was that a dirty comment?
I'll have you know I can beat it up
and you can watch I suppose

Now I have three people to spy on, wooo!

you want to watch me too?
I should start selling tickets

Yeah you could get a crowd. It would be an upset for you though, unfortunately for you its the underdog that wins these kind of things. You live by Main Street Billiards?

right up the street maybe 1.5 miles away

tribdog said:
right up the street

I've driven by your house quite a few times
Play there?

used to, haven't in quite a while. I gave up a lot when I became a hermit, it was worth it though

ps do you think I really made Gale mad? I didn't mean to.

She's really upset. She's *****ing about you on AIM right now

I'm going to native new yorker tonight, right by you

sh*t, have fun. I'm going to sit here all night and feel like a jerk. dammit.

trib, its ok. i know you're just trying to reinstate your manliness by making fun of an innocent little girl like me. Its ok. if it makes you feel better about yourself, you can keep hurting my feelings, and i'll just go cry in a corner.

she's lying. she's not innocent at all.

whozum likes to make little girls cry too. you guys have a lot in common. why don't you two go out tonight and kick children and take their candy! sounds like a blast eh!

Gale said:
whozum likes to make little girls cry too. you guys have a lot in common. why don't you two go out tonight and kick children and take their candy! sounds like a blast eh!

we did that halloween, we need some new activities

Last edited:
I'm game. how bout you whozum.

if you want you can get me and buddies drunk and party at your place after NNY :D

whozum said:
if you want you can get me and buddies drunk and party at your place after NNY :D

translation: if you want, me you and my buddies can have a wild drunken orgy at your place after NNY. I don't mind biochemically enhanced penis. :D

either way is fine with me. i was hoping #1 would lead to #2 anyway.

*Shrugs* I suppose you just hope you stop feeling that way at some point...or that someone else comes along.

I wouldn't know, I'm indifferent 3/4 of the time.:cool:

I was indifferent most of the time back in my college days. Now I stick to one person for as long as I can. I'm rarely in anyone different now

whozum said:
lol funny. I don't know you or your friends. The only reason I'm talking to you is because I"m going to sleep with your girlfriend

tribdog said:
lol funny. I don't know you or your friends. The only reason I'm talking to you is because I"m going to sleep with your girlfriend

You don't need to talk to me to do that.
And she's not my girlfriend.

whozum said:
You don't need to talk to me to do that.
And she's not my girlfriend.
Yes, that does seem to be the point of the thread. Though, don't let tribdog near Gale! There's no telling what the two of them might plot against the two of us! :bugeye:

we just might. us two jilted lovers against you two heartless...heartless...against you two heartlessings

tribdog said:
against you two heartlessings
That's the best you can come up with? I'm so disappointed. It seems you're getting rusty in your old age. :tongue2:

I lost a lot of my will to be funny when you dumped me and destroyed any chance I had of being happy again.