Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories

• Music
  • Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
In summary, the author likes Pink Floyd and thinks their music is complex and their songs are great. He also thinks that Syd Barrett was a special kind of being.
OmCheeto said:
Thank you. I needed that.
And now for the bad news: I just realized that Dark Side of the Moon turned 40 earlier this year. Anyone else feeling old?

Science news on Phys.org
jbunniii said:
Anyone else feeling old?
Nope :approve:

WannabeNewton said:
Nope :approve:
LOL, you young punks listening to Pink Floyd today would have been like me listening to Frank Sinatra and other "grandparent music" when I was in college.

Wait, I did that!

aYbbAb7_460s.jpg

jbunniii said:
And now for the bad news: I just realized that Dark Side of the Moon turned 40 earlier this year. Anyone else feeling old?

Kind of. But only because my back hurts.

And now, for some more of my senile, "when I was young", ramblings...

When I joined the navy back in '77, my younger brother absconded with MY bedroom.

When I returned on leave, I discovered that he'd painted an entire wall black, along with some other stuff:

Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

I suppose that's a human form of "marking your territory". :tongue2:

jbunniii said:
Just experienced. I missed a lot of the 60's directly, but I certainly enjoyed rock music in the 1970s.

micromass said:
This is such a scary song. In fact, the entire "the wall" album is very scary.

I love "The Wall". I always thought DSOTM was overrated, while "The Wall" was underrated.

DSOTM just has too many sound effects, it's like they're being weird just for the sake of it. The whole thing sounds gimmicky. The music gets lost. In contrast, The Wall is one of the most visceral, emotional, and even disturbing albums ever made.

And, BTW, can someone please fix the spelling in the thread title? What the heck is a "Pink Foyd"? :grumpy:

EDIT: Yayy, spelling has been corrected.

Last edited:
Curious3141 said:
I love "The Wall". I always thought DSOTM was overrated, while "The Wall" was underrated.

DSOTM just has too many sound effects, it's like they're being weird just for the sake of it. The whole thing sounds gimmicky. The music gets lost. In contrast, The Wall is one of the most visceral, emotional, and even disturbing albums ever made.

And, BTW, can someone please fix the spelling in the thread title? What the heck is a "Pink Foyd"? :grumpy:

EDIT: Yayy, spelling has been corrected.

DSOTM definitely has a large amount of sound effects, but I think that's part of what makes it so unique and hypnotic. I wouldn't classify it as gimmicky, but to each his own.

AnTiFreeze3 said:
DSOTM definitely has a large amount of sound effects, but I think that's part of what makes it so unique and hypnotic. I wouldn't classify it as gimmicky, but to each his own.

It would depend how old you are. In 1973, it was probably one of the most acoustically interesting and unique albums on the planet. "Stereo" records didn't start outselling "Mono" records until the mid to late 60's. <-- I'm paraphrasing wiki here, but I'm sure this is true.

I remember in 1978, thinking to myself; "Why don't they have stereo cassette players. Radio Shack has a mono one that fits in your hand. They have stereo home decks. Why is technology so slow?"

The Walkman came out two years later. I bought the Toshiba version.

2013.06.25.1818.senility.now.posts.outnumber.non.senility.now.posts.jpg

As an indication of what old people think of this music, check out the prices that they will pay for a 30 year old piece of plastic/vinyl that you can get for free on youtube.

Old people are funny.

jbunniii said:
The Final Cut is also underrated, in my opinion.

2e-yO6_FbtI[/youtube][/QUOTE] I Lo...mo up there with the best of them (musicians)

Last edited:
We're so happy, we can hardly count.

Which one is pink?

Come in here dear boy, have a cigar, you're going to go far. <3

I love them all, but I watched Live in Pompeii again recently and this little ditty just put me on the ground.

v5_0iZQ-TuA[/youtube]

There's always been something about this song to me (1 and 2). Just the ethereal sound combined with the empathetic lyrics has a haunting feel to it. I can only imagine what it would have sounded like live with the volume at 10. Got to love a good jam session!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGwPSPIhohk

B. Elliott said:
There's always been something about this song to me (1 and 2). Just the ethereal sound combined with the empathetic lyrics has a haunting feel to it. I can only imagine what it would have sounded like live with the volume at 10. Got to love a good jam session!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGwPSPIhohk

I turned the song on, and heard a ping.

Freakin' out...

good night young peeps.

God bless you all.

:zzz:

Marmalade? I like marmalade... Microbiotic stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7pkOZ5n6PQ

<h2>1. What is "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories"?</h2><p>"Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories" is a platform created for fans of the British rock band Pink Floyd to connect and share their favorite music and memories related to the band.</p><h2>2. How can I join "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories"?</h2><p>You can join "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories" by creating an account on the platform's website or by downloading the mobile app. Both options are free and easy to use.</p><h2>3. What type of content can I share on "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories"?</h2><p>You can share any content related to Pink Floyd, such as your favorite songs, albums, concerts, photos, videos, personal stories, and more. The platform also has discussion forums where you can engage in conversations with other fans.</p><h2>4. Is there a cost to use "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories"?</h2><p>No, there is no cost to use "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories". The platform is free for all fans to join and use.</p><h2>5. Can I connect with other Pink Floyd fans on "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories"?</h2><p>Yes, "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories" is designed to bring together fans from all over the world. You can connect with other fans, join groups, and share your love for the band with like-minded individuals.</p>

1. What is "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories"?

"Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories" is a platform created for fans of the British rock band Pink Floyd to connect and share their favorite music and memories related to the band.

2. How can I join "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories"?

You can join "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories" by creating an account on the platform's website or by downloading the mobile app. Both options are free and easy to use.

3. What type of content can I share on "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories"?

You can share any content related to Pink Floyd, such as your favorite songs, albums, concerts, photos, videos, personal stories, and more. The platform also has discussion forums where you can engage in conversations with other fans.

4. Is there a cost to use "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories"?

No, there is no cost to use "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories". The platform is free for all fans to join and use.

5. Can I connect with other Pink Floyd fans on "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories"?

Yes, "Pink Floyd Fans: Share Music & Memories" is designed to bring together fans from all over the world. You can connect with other fans, join groups, and share your love for the band with like-minded individuals.