Will Pink Floyd reunite at LIVE8 for the first time in over 20 years?

• Thread starter Kerrie
  • Start date
In summary, Bob Geldof is organizing a concert called LIVE8 to raise awareness and funds for Africa. The lineup includes the 4 "original" members of Pink Floyd, including Roger Waters. Syd Barrett, who was with the band at the beginning, is not listed but there is speculation that he may make an appearance. The concert will take place on July 2 in London and tickets are in high demand.
Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Some of you may have heard of Bob Geldof's latest project called LIVE8. What a terrific thing he is heading for the nations of Africa. In his star studded lineup includes the 4 "original" band members of Pink Floyd including Roger Waters. (I say "original" because Syd Barrett came before David Gilmour technically.) So for those of you in London on July 2 and lucky enough to get tickets, please appreciate the gathering of these band members! It will be a first in over 20 years.

A little more info:
http://www.live8live.com/theconcerts/index.shtml
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/12/pink.floyd.reut/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see Albany Oregon listed. :frown:

the philly concert looks to be a good one..wish I could go. Bet its going to sell out fast

Syd Barrett is playing? Didn't that guy disappear or get institutionalized or something?

sorry, i should have clarified...the "original" members were Gilmour, Mason, Wright, & Waters. Syd Barrett, Mason, Wright and Waters were with the band at the very beginning. Can you imagine if Syd Barrett was at that show and how many people would show?

that's why i included the CNN link, but i noticed that as well...perhaps they haven't updated the LIVE8 site yet?

What is "For you Pink Floyd fans"?

"For you Pink Floyd fans" is a phrase commonly used to refer to something that is of interest or relevance to fans of the band Pink Floyd.

Why are Pink Floyd fans so devoted to the band?

Pink Floyd fans are devoted to the band because of their unique sound, thought-provoking lyrics, and experimental approach to music. The band's music has resonated with fans for decades and continues to attract new listeners.

What are some popular songs by Pink Floyd?

Some popular songs by Pink Floyd include "Another Brick in the Wall," "Wish You Were Here," "Comfortably Numb," and "Money." These songs are often considered classics and are frequently played on the radio.

How did Pink Floyd become so successful?

Pink Floyd's success can be attributed to their innovative approach to music, strong songwriting skills, and captivating live performances. The band also had a dedicated fan base who helped spread their music through word of mouth.

What makes Pink Floyd's music stand out among other bands?

Pink Floyd's music stands out among other bands due to its blend of psychedelic rock, progressive rock, and blues influences. The band also incorporated elements of electronic music and concept albums into their music, creating a unique and immersive listening experience.

Back