Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Force acting on a wall inside water

  1. Jan 3, 2010 #1
    Hi Everybody,

    I am descibing my problem here: I have a cylindrical closed volume(with diameter of X m, height H m) filled with water, flowing with a constant velocity (v1 m/sec) Inside of this cylidrical volume there is a concentric cylidrical tube (diameter Y m ~ X/10 m and height H m).
    A water jet is acting on the cylidrical tube from a distance d m (Y<d<X) from the surface of the cylindrical tube with a velocity of V2 m/sec (V2 is greater than V1).
    How to calculate the force acting on the surface of the cylindrical tube.

    Please throw some light on my problem.

    Thanks in advance
  2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted