1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Force Diagrams?

1. Jan 29, 2004 #1
    Hey all,

I'm a junior in high school and taking physics. My teacher isn't really one of the best teachers, and we do nothing from a textbook, all done from her drawings/lectures from a whiteboard.

It's safe to say I'm just about completely lost in that class. We have a test coming up (tomorrow actually) on "force diagrams", I think this is what they are called? Does this ring a bell with anyone? Something where you are given a diagram of something and you are required to draw the forces, and write some other things. I know F-EARTH always points down, something like that.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites which could help me understand these concepts? Without a textbook (other teachers teaching physics at my school use textbooks) I'm really lost if I don't get it.

Any sort of help is appreciated.

Dan Gessler
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2004 #2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This site looks good (click around in there for examples). If you have any specific questions, you can try posting back here or doing other google searches for "free body diagram" or "free body diagram tutorial."
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?