1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Force of a jet engine

1. Feb 5, 2017 #1
    Hi
    Does someone know realistic numbers that i can put in this equasion so i can calculate the force?
    Ty maximilian Popelier

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 5, 2017 #2

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

lucht = air
    brandstof = gasoline
    uitlaat = exhaust

But what is vluigtuig?

4. Feb 5, 2017 #3
    plane the speed of the plane

5. Feb 5, 2017 #4

fresh_42

ach Flugzeug ... of course ... should have recognized ...

6. Feb 5, 2017 #5

fresh_42

So to make it easier to read:
    $$ F = m \cdot \frac{d \vec{v}(t)}{dt} = m \cdot \frac{v_2-v_1}{\Delta t}= \dot m v_2 - \dot m v_1=((m_{air}+m_{gas})\cdot v_{exhaust})-m_{air}v_{plane}$$
    and you're looking for realistic figures for the various variables? Have you tried to find some information directly on the manufacturers' websites, i.e. RR and GE?

7. Feb 5, 2017 #6
    No, should i send a mail?

8. Feb 5, 2017 #7

fresh_42

At least, it might be worth an attempt. However, I thought about looking for some technical specifications of their products. Maybe they are available online. Or on some Wikipedia pages about jet engines. (If you swap between different languages on Wiki, you improve your odds, as these pages aren't 1:1 translations. At least our many different languages here are good for something. :wink:)

Or google "technical data jet engine". Just some ideas.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted