1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Forces and Graphs

1. Feb 9, 2012 #1
    So the problem is that i have a physics test coming up and its about forces and graphs.
    The teacher can not explain the different formulas clearly which results in everyone getting bad grades. I wonder if anyone can explain this to me.

2. Relevant equations
    A RCXD (a little car with explosives controlled by a joystick) drives down a hill with an angle of 30°. Its mass = 5kg. What is its acceleration if the driving force ( force motrice in french) = 300[N] and the friction = 100[N]?

3. The attempt at a solution

FM (driving force) -f (friction) = 0 ?
    300-200 = 0 -> 100 = 0 so not possible >.<

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2012 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi Thepotatis! Welcome to PF! :wink:

Nearly all dynamics questions are solved by applying good ol' Newton's second law (Ftotal = ma), in one or more directions …

in this case, there are at least three forces making up Ftotal: the driving force, the friction, and the weight :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook