1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Forces are kicking my butt HELP

1. Nov 15, 2007 #1
    Ok I really just dont even know where to start on this problem and i have to turn in a fully explained problem...

An astronaut who weighs 726.6 N on the surface of the earth lifts off from the planet Zuton in a space ship. The free-fall acceleration on Zuton is 7.8 m/s^2. At the moment of lift off the spaceship experiences an scceleration of 9.1 m/s^2.
    The acceleration of gravity is 9.8m/s^2. What is the magnitude of the force that the space ship exerts on the astronaut? Answer in units of N.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2007 #2
    You know that the mass of the astronaut has to be the same on any planet. You have the weight of the astronaut on earth given to you. You know the acceleration of gravity. Use the second law of newton to find the mass of the astronaut first.

P.S : This question should be under introductory physics, not advanced physics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?