Forever Exist: Does Time Have Meaning for God?

• Thread starter dewthejrew
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Edit
In summary: he exists in all the times that have ever existed and will exist in all the times that will ever exist.
dewthejrew
Im sorry i had to post this a third time but apparently the last 2 didn't go through and i am unable to delete them. Admins, if you would remove them i would appreciate it. Thank you. No worries!

Ok i read the religious guidelines and i think this falls under them but if not feel free to remove it.

What I am about to say assumes that you believe in a God and that that God is all knowing, all powerfull, and exists in the past present and future. Such is what i believe ( i am a Christian). So here goes some thought on that.

If God exist in the past present and future, considering time is meaningless to Him, doesn't that mean that you never die. If he is living in the past as well as the present and in the future, then technically you never are totally erradicated from this earth. Yes you may die in the future but you are still alive in the past. Of course you can consider that Einstein's theories only allow time to flow in one direction, but that would limit God and therefore he wouldn't be God, so he doesn't abide by those laws. So do you forever exist?

Physics news on Phys.org
I hold that death does not exist as a "thing", thus as you say, the statement "you never die" makes sense to me, we all just reach a future state called "lack of life". And, does not the memory of Moses still exist today ? Yet, clearly Moses did not exist before he was born, thus no, he did not in fact exist forever, so your argument is falsified, "you" do not forever exist. But, I find that none of this has anything to do with God, for Moses still exists tomorrow in my mind, even if God is dead.

if you are considering God in the picture.. then yes moses did exist because God allready existed in the future. So for a timeless being, such as God, then everyone exists at all times..

well from God's perspective, then yes ur right. because he has limitless memory and therefore can remember us forever. because he exist forever in all the times that have ever existed. but from our perspective we definitely don't exist forever because we don't have the ability to do what God does.

1. What is the concept of "Forever Exist"?

The concept of "Forever Exist" refers to the idea of eternal existence, without a beginning or an end. It is often associated with the concept of God or a higher being who is said to have always existed and will continue to exist forever.

2. How does the concept of "Forever Exist" relate to the concept of time?

The concept of "Forever Exist" challenges the concept of time as we know it. If something exists forever, it is not bound by time and does not experience the passing of time. This raises questions about the meaning and purpose of time for an eternal being like God.

3. Does time have any meaning for God?

The answer to this question is highly debated among theologians and philosophers. Some argue that since God is eternal, time has no meaning for Him. Others believe that God exists outside of time but still interacts with the world in a linear manner. Ultimately, the answer may be beyond our human understanding.

4. How do different religions or belief systems view the concept of "Forever Exist" and time?

Different religions and belief systems have varying interpretations of the concept of "Forever Exist" and its relation to time. In many monotheistic religions, such as Christianity and Islam, God is seen as eternal and outside of time. Eastern religions, like Hinduism and Buddhism, have different beliefs about the nature of time and eternity.

5. Can the concept of "Forever Exist" be scientifically proven or disproven?

Since the concept of "Forever Exist" is often tied to religious or philosophical beliefs, it is not something that can be scientifically proven or disproven. Science deals with the physical world and is limited to what can be observed and tested. The concept of an eternal being like God is beyond the scope of scientific inquiry.