1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Formatting a term paper

1. Aug 23, 2004 #1

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I realize that a physics website isn't the most applicable place for asking this question, but there are so many people here with a wide variety of knowledge that I'm hoping maybe someone could lend me some advice.

I am going to be writing a term paper for an English Comp. class in a few weeks. The thing I am most concerned about is the format of the paper - for instance, how to list my bibligraphy, where to apply footnotes, the appropriate way to reference my sources, etc.

If anyone could point me toward books or websites that might have helpful examples and guidelines I'd appreciate it. I haven't taken an English class in about 20 years :redface: so I need to refresh my memory.

Thanks a bunch,

MIH

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2004 #2

Gza

4. Aug 23, 2004 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

The best way to decide which format to use for a term paper is to ask your teacher! He or she is, after all, the one that will grade it! Many colleges have a specific "style" required for all papers and give students a reference to it. Once again, if that is true, your teacher would be able to tell you. (Yes, it's embarassing to admit to your teacher you don't already know that, but it's better than messing up!)

5. Aug 23, 2004 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks Gza and Halls of Ivy! Much appreciated!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?