FormCalc Troubleshooting: Fixes for Common Errors

In summary: Your Name]In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with using the FormCalc package to calculate squared amplitudes for Feynman diagrams. The error message received suggests a problem with particle positions in the diagrams. Suggestions for troubleshooting include double checking particle positions and updating to the latest version of FormCalc. Additional assistance from the developers may also be helpful.
Safinaz
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone knows enough about the FormCalc package to help me out: I am using FeynArts to generate Feynman-diagrams for certain tree-level processes in my own model and FormCalc to calculate the squared amplitude of these processes, the problem is that when I make

CalcFeynAmp[Amp], it gives an error:

preparing FORM code in /home/safi/Dro/FormCalc/fc-amp-12.frm
running FORM...
ReadForm::formerror: \!\(\*StyleBox[\!\("Illegal position for 33\nIllegal position for 23\nIllegal position for 34\nIllegal position for 24"\), "MT"]\)
$Aborted

One solution for that as on ( http://www.feynarts.de/formcalc/trouble.html ) FormCalc Troubleshooting page is to run fc-amp-12.frm manually by Form comes with FormCalc to see
where does the problem come from, but when I make : ./tform fc-amp-12 , it gives :

./tform: cannot execute binary file

Have I typed the command correctly .. any suggestions ?

Regards,
Safinaz

Physics news on Phys.org

Hi Safinaz,

I am familiar with FormCalc and have encountered similar errors in the past. The error message you received indicates that there may be an issue with the positions of certain particles in your Feynman diagrams. I would suggest checking your Feynman diagrams and ensuring that all particle positions are correctly labeled. Sometimes, even a small mistake in labeling can cause FormCalc to give errors.

In addition, it may be helpful to check the version of FormCalc you are using and make sure it is up to date. Newer versions often have bug fixes that can help resolve these types of errors.

If the issue persists, you can try reaching out to the developers of FormCalc for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance on how to troubleshoot the error you are encountering.

I hope this helps and good luck with your calculations!

1. What is FormCalc and what kind of errors does it commonly encounter?

FormCalc is a mathematical calculation tool used in Adobe LiveCycle Designer. It is commonly used to perform calculations and validate data in PDF forms. The most common errors encountered in FormCalc include syntax errors, missing variables, and incorrect data types.

2. How can I fix syntax errors in FormCalc?

Syntax errors occur when there is a mistake in the structure or format of the FormCalc code. To fix these errors, carefully check the code for any missing or incorrect punctuation, parentheses, or operators. Also, make sure that all variables are properly declared and used.

3. What should I do if I encounter a missing variable error in FormCalc?

Missing variable errors occur when a variable is referenced in the code but has not been declared or assigned a value. To fix this error, make sure that all variables are declared before they are used and that they are assigned the correct data type and value.

4. How can I troubleshoot incorrect data type errors in FormCalc?

Incorrect data type errors occur when a variable or value is assigned the wrong data type. To troubleshoot these errors, check that all variables are assigned the correct data type and that any calculations are using compatible data types. Also, make sure that any user input is properly validated before being used in calculations.

5. Is there a way to prevent common errors in FormCalc?

Yes, there are several ways to prevent common errors in FormCalc. First, it is important to carefully check the code for any mistakes before testing it. Additionally, using comments and descriptive variable names can help make the code more readable and easier to troubleshoot. Finally, regularly testing and debugging the code can help identify and fix errors before they become larger issues.

Back