Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Former fox employees inteview

1. Aug 30, 2006 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2006 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

This is bizzare!

Freed FOX News Reporter Details Conversion! on Not. He's apparently not certain. :bugeye:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5737113
    A conversion under duress or coercion cannot be recognized as legitimate.

4. Aug 30, 2006 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That would depend on the Quran. Strictly speaking, maybe it is legitimate from a religious point of view, which is the only one that matters here.

5. Aug 30, 2006 #4
    A side note, two lead producers working at Fox news quit their jobs in protest in Irsael/Palestine area because they said Fox was anything but "Fair and Balanced"

Fox news is full of you know what. :biggrin:

6. Aug 31, 2006 #5

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I doubt it would be considered a legitimate conversion (Conversion - Why and How?).

On the other hand, if it were considered as legitimate, they're Muslims for life and are prohibited from changing their religion back to their old one.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  7. Aug 31, 2006 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Prohibited by whom; God? :biggrin:

8. Aug 31, 2006 #7
    Side note: I was going to bed last night at around 12:30 when I saw this show on CNN talking about Iran. Man, there goes my respect for CNN. They call that s**** news? The guy was doing stand up while giving the news. Ill find out the name of that show....man what a joke! :uhh:

9. Oct 12, 2006 #8
    there is so much interview editing in there i can feel my mind hurting. i know i dont like it but i dont understand the point... the point is that fox takes things out of context and has an agenda with their news and to illistrade this point, they take the context out of every sentance spoken in the whole video? isnt that showing that no one at fox has said anything incriminating?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?