Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Formula 1 goes to USA

1. Jun 18, 2005 #1

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Pay attention to the USA F1 GP Indianapolis and the almost sure victory of Fernando Alonso.

It is going to start in few minutes!!. (I mean the trainings, tomorrow is the race).

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 18, 2005 #2

wolram

Gold Member

Oh please, we all know that JB or DC will win, matbe Qualifiying starts soon.
    so im of to watch, FA no way.

4. Jun 18, 2005 #3
    I haven't seen the qualifying yet so I don't know the grid positions.
    But I don't think it's ever a sure thing...especially if you're going to go for Alonso ;)
    My favourite driver is David Coulthard so I want to see him get a podium finish.
    Don't think that Alonso is as good as everyone makes him out to be. He is definitely promising, but there are plenty of promising drivers.
    What I'd like: 1. Michael Schumacher 2. David Coulthard 3. Giancarlo Fisichella 4. Rubens Barichello

I actually prefer Rubens to Michael Schumacher, but yeah it's just sad that so much has gone wrong this year for Ferrari.
    Should be awesome to watch though, can't wait :)

5. Jun 18, 2005 #4

wolram

Gold Member

WHAT, NO NO NO, mr shoe maker is a has been.

6. Jun 18, 2005 #5

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No no, you fellas got it all wrong, the guy with the high pitch voice will take it.

7. Jun 18, 2005 #6
    Yeah I don't particularly like Schumacher although there is no denying that he is an awesome driver.
    I don't think he is a has been seeing as though he can still drive well, but even though things haven't worked out for him this year I just want to see him get close to the leaders in points.
    I was hoping that he would retire this year, but if he doesn't then I don't think that's the best decision. Unless he went to benetton. That'd be great if he finished with benetton actually.

8. Jun 19, 2005 #7

Lisa!

Gold Member

I like Fernanado Alonso coz his name consists of the last and first name of my 2 favorite footballers! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  9. Jun 19, 2005 #8

wolram

Gold Member

Well at least we know ralph S wont win, what a crazy situation with tyers.

10. Jun 19, 2005 #9

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just now it seems there is not going to be any race. Michelin tyres are having troubles.

11. Jun 19, 2005 #10
    can't USA build decent racing track ??

12. Jun 19, 2005 #11

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, a horrible spectacle. F1 has given the worst impression possible to USA. Dramatic. 6 cars on the road. I wish Schumacher breaks his engine and everybody laughs at him for participating in this race.

13. Jun 19, 2005 #12

Curious3141

Homework Helper

On the contrary, I wish Schumi wins, Rubens is second and a Minardi or Jordan gets a podium, they all get points and every one of those six cars/drivers lives happily ever after (well, at least till the next race).

Michelin are at fault here. Blooming crybabies, lorded their supposed superiority over Bridgestone when the going was good, and when they face adversity, just turn tail and refuse to race. Baah !!

I think even street drivers should boycott Michelin tyres from now on. Stinking cowards and sore losers.

Oh yeah, screw Bernie and his FIA too. I love how all of those "regulations" he drafted to end Ferrari's "dominance" have come back to bite him squarely on his arse. :biggrin:

14. Jun 19, 2005 #13

wolram

Gold Member

Im with you Clausius, this has set F1 back, what a shambles, i fell very sorry
    for all the people that went to watch, i bet nothing like this happens in
    indy car racing,

15. Jun 19, 2005 #14

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Anyway all of this runs in favour of Fernando Alonso. One race less to go. Kimi has not scored, and Schummi is not an oponent.

We will see F.Alonso as world champion in a short time.... :rolleyes:

16. Jun 19, 2005 #15

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Dream on...Schumacher's is getting the rust off.He's 37,almost.

U'll see.

Daniel.

17. Jun 19, 2005 #16

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What an absolute shambles!

I was starting to worry that F1 was getting exciting again, until today.

18. Jun 19, 2005 #17
    it's all good... My man, Narain Karthikeyan, got to finish fourth... :cool: lol, probably might be the best finish of his career, but I have hope for him...

It catapaults him from an unknown to number 15 in the Drivers Championship tying Jacques Villeneuve!! :eek:

19. Jun 19, 2005 #18

wolram

Gold Member

Worry not me old woffer, F1 died when mansell and sena parted the scene.
    i still think of them .
    :smile:

20. Jun 19, 2005 #19

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Indeed. After Senna's death, I turned to watching Touring cars instead. So much more interesting, there's overtaking on pretty much every corner of every lap.

21. Jun 20, 2005 #20
    well that sure was pretty damn stupid.
    But it's not the drivers' faults for racing...why should they not race?
    Michelin didn't bring the right tyres to the race so everything lies on them and the FIA for mishandling the situation.
    They pretty much halfway through the season so I'd say Schumacher is a competitor. Especially since his only a couple of points behind Raikkonnen.
    How could you lose interest in F1 because two drivers don't drive anymore?
    Sure Ayrton Senna was a great driver, but it's not like there aren't drivers now who are just as talented as him.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?