Solving Parlay Payout Formula Deduction

• Thread starter m0j0nz0r
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formula
In summary, the conversation revolved around creating automated wagering tools and the specific issue of calculating parlay payouts. The three ways to calculate the payout were discussed - fixed odds, true odds, and fixed "true" odds. The problem was the second part of the function, which had a linear graph with a specific inclination. The individual was looking for a way to deduct formulas from a set of data and was suggested to look into linear regressions. The conversation ended with the acknowledgement that the individual was now familiar with linear regression and the possibility of helping others who may come across this issue.
m0j0nz0r
Hello,

I'm currently working on some automated wagering tools. Calculating payouts and such.

However I've hit a little notch which has been eating my brain for the last couple of days.

This notch is the parlay payout function.

By experimenting with some other programs of this nature. I know the following.

There are 3 ways to calculate the payout:

Fixed odds: You multiply the risked amount by the given odd, depending on how many teams are on the parlay.

True odds: You calculate the payout for the first game, the result of that plus the risked amount go as risk on the next game. So on and so forth.

Fixed "True" odds: here's where i have the problem.

I did a graph to know the nature of the function and discovered that it has 2 parts depending on the odds on each game. If the odds are positive (greater than 1:1 ratio) the function shows a linear graph. I've calculated the inclination of the line (1,8973666) but i still can't figure out how is that calculated from the fixed odd (constant 2.6) and the amount of games in the parlay (Constant 2)

I still haven't started to work on the second part of the function which I know (from the graph) that its y/(x1*x2*...*xn) = z (or something of the sort)

Although I would be very happy to have the answer handed to me. It's best if I could learn a method to deduct formulas from a set of data.

I will post more data if requested.

Thanks in advance.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
As much as I appreciate a response. It's been 9 years.

I wasn't familiar with linear regression back then. But I am now.

Thanks anyway.

m0j0nz0r said:
As much as I appreciate a response. It's been 9 years.

I wasn't familiar with linear regression back then. But I am now.

Thanks anyway.
Yes, I know, but it could help all those who stumble upon this thread.

I did not think of that. Thanks.

1. What is a parlay payout formula?

A parlay payout formula is a mathematical equation used to calculate the potential payout for a parlay bet. It takes into account the odds for each individual selection in the parlay and determines the overall payout if all selections are correct.

2. How do I calculate the parlay payout?

To calculate the parlay payout, you will need to multiply the odds for each selection in the parlay together and then multiply that total by the amount of your bet. For example, if you have a 3-team parlay with odds of +150, +200, and -110 and a $100 bet, the calculation would be: (1.5 x 2 x 0.91) x $100 = $273.

3. What is the parlay payout formula deduction?

The parlay payout formula deduction is a method used to adjust the payout for a parlay bet in order to account for the increased risk of multiple selections. It is typically a percentage of the total payout and is subtracted from the total amount won.

4. Why is it important to understand the parlay payout formula deduction?

Understanding the parlay payout formula deduction is important because it allows you to accurately calculate the potential payout for a parlay bet. It also helps you to understand the potential risks and rewards of placing a parlay bet and make more informed betting decisions.

5. Are there any tools or calculators available to help with parlay payout formula deduction?

Yes, there are many online tools and calculators available that can help with parlay payout formula deduction. These tools allow you to input the odds for each selection and your bet amount, and they will calculate the potential payout and parlay payout formula deduction for you.