Formula / equations required

• Thread starter elec2050
  • Start date
I am building an list of formula and equation for use by Mechanical Engineering students in their Lab work, can anyone help me to build the list.

Answers and Replies

Mech_Engineer
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just compiling a list of equtions is useless. Students need to understand the theory behind the equations, assumptions made, and how they are used. By the time you do all of that, you've written an entire set of textbooks.

FredGarvin
Science Advisor
What lab specifically? There are literally thousands of equations we deal with.

I run a free online website where I have converted several formula and equations related to mechanical engineering, I want to add more, I see many students in the under developed nation use in their lab and would like to see more.

I am an software engineer, thus I need physical equation for formula as inputs, so I can convert into free wares.

Send me the most useful formulas and equations used in fluid mech, hydraulics, flow, dynamics, etc..

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
How about picking up a textbook, then there's no ambiguity?

i would like people to select the toughest ones kindly suggest

FredGarvin
Science Advisor
i would like people to select the toughest ones kindly suggest
What good is that going to do you? OK. Here's a toughie...the Navier-Stokes Equations. Now what? If you look at any other web site out there that does this for us, they have taken the time to amass information they feel is beneficial to engineers and students. You need your site to be useful, not just a place that lists equations.

I agree... what you are after is pointless. hahahaha Navier-Stokes (James shudders)

Sometimes a list of equations might be useful, but only if they are simple, perhaps like Newton's equations of motion. But if you we to get into things like the Colebrook-White formula for pipe friction losses that contain constants and variables that require other formulae to work out, it will be completely useless.

If you want a general list... keep it simple, and keep it relevant to what you are doing.