1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Formula Rearranging ~Help Needed~ *Easy*

1. Jan 17, 2004 #1
    Hey I'm new to the forums. *Claps applauding himself* Anyway exams are coming with Math on Wednesday and I'm just going over stuff. My problem right now is with rearranging.

V = 1/3(pie)(r)^2h ; h

The 1/3 is a fraction multipled by pie *ed by r(squared) * h. Finding for H.

I came up with squareroot(3V/(pie)r = h
    If tats correct I'm wondering why when removing the r^2 by using squareroot that it doesnt affect the rest of the equation on that side.

Next question:

V = 4/3(pie)r^3 ; pie

V / 4/3R^3 = pie (That is what I got)

Also I see people using some sort of program to write equations out is there anywhere to download this thing?

**EDIT** My apologies I just noticed the homework help zone after I posted lol.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2004 #2
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2004
  4. Jan 17, 2004 #3
    Thanks Alot :smile:

I wasn't thinking correctly. Previous questions he was getting us to remove squared things by squareroot. I was thinking it was supposed to be done in terms of eliminating the r^2 rather than just dividing by it. Silly me. :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?