Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Formula Rearranging ~Help Needed~ *Easy*

1. Jan 17, 2004 #1
    Hey I'm new to the forums. *Claps applauding himself* Anyway exams are coming with Math on Wednesday and I'm just going over stuff. My problem right now is with rearranging.

V = 1/3(pie)(r)^2h ; h

The 1/3 is a fraction multipled by pie *ed by r(squared) * h. Finding for H.

I came up with squareroot(3V/(pie)r = h
    If tats correct I'm wondering why when removing the r^2 by using squareroot that it doesnt affect the rest of the equation on that side.

Next question:

V = 4/3(pie)r^3 ; pie

V / 4/3R^3 = pie (That is what I got)

Also I see people using some sort of program to write equations out is there anywhere to download this thing?

**EDIT** My apologies I just noticed the homework help zone after I posted lol.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2004 #2
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2004
  4. Jan 17, 2004 #3
    Thanks Alot :smile:

I wasn't thinking correctly. Previous questions he was getting us to remove squared things by squareroot. I was thinking it was supposed to be done in terms of eliminating the r^2 rather than just dividing by it. Silly me. :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?