Formula Rearranging ~Help Needed~ *Easy*

• Thread starter Dooga Blackrazor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formula
In summary, the conversation is about a student who is new to a forum and has an upcoming math exam. They are struggling with rearranging equations and have a question about removing the squared term when using the square root method. They also inquire about a program for writing equations, which is later identified as LaTeX. The conversation ends with the student realizing their mistake in trying to eliminate the squared term instead of simply dividing by it.
Dooga Blackrazor
Hey I'm new to the forums. *Claps applauding himself* Anyway exams are coming with Math on Wednesday and I'm just going over stuff. My problem right now is with rearranging.

V = 1/3(pie)(r)^2h ; h

The 1/3 is a fraction multipled by pie *ed by r(squared) * h. Finding for H.

I came up with squareroot(3V/(pie)r = h
If tats correct I'm wondering why when removing the r^2 by using squareroot that it doesn't affect the rest of the equation on that side.

Next question:

V = 4/3(pie)r^3 ; pie

V / 4/3R^3 = pie (That is what I got)

Also I see people using some sort of program to write equations out is there anywhere to download this thing?

**EDIT** My apologies I just noticed the homework help zone after I posted lol.

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Last edited:
Thanks Alot :smile:

I wasn't thinking correctly. Previous questions he was getting us to remove squared things by squareroot. I was thinking it was supposed to be done in terms of eliminating the r^2 rather than just dividing by it. Silly me. :wink:

What is formula rearranging?

Formula rearranging is the process of manipulating a mathematical equation to solve for a different variable. This is often used in science and mathematics to solve problems and make predictions.

Why is formula rearranging important?

Formula rearranging is important because it allows scientists to solve complex equations and make predictions about the relationships between different variables. It is also useful for converting units and finding unknown quantities in experiments.

What are the steps for rearranging a formula?

The steps for rearranging a formula are as follows: 1. Identify the variable you want to solve for. 2. Isolate the variable on one side of the equation by using inverse operations (such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division). 3. Perform the same operation on both sides of the equation to maintain balance. 4. Simplify the equation if necessary. 5. Check your answer by plugging it back into the original equation.

Can any formula be rearranged?

Yes, almost any mathematical formula can be rearranged as long as it follows the rules of algebra. However, some formulas may be more complex and require more steps to rearrange.

What are some tips for successfully rearranging a formula?

Some tips for successfully rearranging a formula include: 1. Always start by identifying the variable you want to solve for. 2. Use inverse operations to isolate the variable on one side of the equation. 3. Be careful with negative signs and fractions. 4. Double check your work to ensure accuracy. 5. Practice and familiarize yourself with common formulas and rearranging techniques.