Divide an Array into a Scalar in FORTRAN: Get Help Here!

In summary, the person is asking for guidance on how to divide elements of an array in Fortran into a scalar. They have a matrix with 1 row and 3414 columns and they want to divide each element by (24480*2) to create a matrix with 24480 rows and 2 columns. They have not provided enough information for a clear solution to be given.
Davoodk
How can i divide elements of an array into a scalar. I mean, i have read my data file into a matrix in FORTRAN which this matrix is 1*3414. Then, I want that each elements of this matrix is divided to (24480*2).

I will be so grateful if you guide me the appropriate function.

Thanks a lot

Technology news on Phys.org
Have you read anything about Fortran?
about arrays in Fortran?
As far as your division goes:
What have you tried?
Did it work?
Why not?
What did you expect the result to be?

Show something effort, trials and errors, first, please.

Davoodk said:
How can i divide elements of an array into a scalar. I mean, i have read my data file into a matrix in FORTRAN which this matrix is 1*3414. Then, I want that each elements of this matrix is divided to (24480*2).
I have no idea what you are asking. In particular I don't understand "divide elements of an array into a scalar."

My interpretation of what you said is that you have a matrix that is an array with 3414 elements. (A matrix with 1 row and 3414 columns.)

Somehow you want to do something to this array to produce a matrix with 24480 rows and 2 columns.

In addition to what gsal said, please clarify what you said above.

What is FORTRAN and why is it used?

FORTRAN, or Formula Translation, is a high-level programming language used primarily in scientific and engineering applications. It was one of the first programming languages developed and is still widely used today due to its efficiency and strong mathematical capabilities.

What does it mean to divide an array into a scalar in FORTRAN?

Dividing an array into a scalar in FORTRAN means taking a one-dimensional array and breaking it down into individual elements, or scalars. This allows for easier manipulation and analysis of the data within the array.

How do I divide an array into a scalar in FORTRAN?

To divide an array into a scalar in FORTRAN, you will need to use a loop structure such as a DO or FOR loop to iterate through each element of the array. Within the loop, you can then perform the division operation on each element individually.

What are the benefits of dividing an array into a scalar in FORTRAN?

Dividing an array into a scalar in FORTRAN can make it easier to perform mathematical operations on the data within the array. It can also help with managing and organizing large amounts of data, as well as improving program efficiency.

Are there any potential challenges when dividing an array into a scalar in FORTRAN?

One potential challenge when dividing an array into a scalar in FORTRAN is ensuring that the program is properly structured and that all elements of the array are included in the division operation. It is also important to handle any potential errors or exceptions that may occur during the division process.