Understanding the Meaning of "opr" in dp_reduce(array, "opr")

• Fortran
  • Thread starter largedimples
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the meaning and function of "opr" in the statement dp_reduce(array, "opr"). The speaker believes "opr" represents operation, but seeks information on its specific role in the statement. They request a website or resource to learn more about this, and the respondent suggests providing more context about the program and conducting a Google search for '"dp_reduce" fortran'.
largedimples
Please do not give me the answer but if you can direct me to site that will tell me what OPR represent in the statement dp_reduce(array, "opr"). I think opr represent operation but I need to find out what it does in this statement. Please don't give me the answer-just direct me to the right site to learn more about this.

thanks in advance

Technology news on Phys.org
I think you need to give more information about the program that you are working on. dp_reduce() doesn't appear to be a standard Fortran function. I did a Google search for '"dp_reduce" fortran' and got exactly two hits, one of which is this thread!

Hello,

Thank you for your question. It appears that the term "opr" in this context refers to an operation or function that is being applied to the array in the dp_reduce function. Without more context, it is difficult to determine the exact purpose or function of this operation. However, you may be able to find more information by researching the specific programming language or library in which this function is being used. Additionally, online forums or communities for that language or library may be able to provide more insight or examples of how the dp_reduce function is used. I recommend starting with the documentation or official website for the language or library, and then branching out to other resources such as tutorials, blogs, or forums for further understanding. I hope this helps and wish you success in your research.

1. What is "opr" in the context of dp_reduce(array, "opr")?

"opr" refers to the operator that will be applied to the elements in the array during the reduction process. It is a placeholder for any mathematical or logical operation that the programmer wants to perform on the elements.

2. How does "opr" affect the dp_reduce() function?

The "opr" parameter is a crucial component of the dp_reduce() function as it determines the operation that will be performed on the elements of the array. The function will use this operator to combine the elements and return a single value as the result.

3. What are some examples of "opr" in the dp_reduce() function?

Examples of "opr" in the dp_reduce() function could include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, logical AND or OR, and many others depending on the purpose of the reduction process.

4. Can "opr" be a custom function in the dp_reduce() function?

Yes, "opr" can be a custom function in the dp_reduce() function. This allows for more flexibility in the reduction process and enables the programmer to define their own operations to be applied to the array elements.

5. How does understanding "opr" help in using the dp_reduce() function effectively?

Understanding "opr" is crucial in using the dp_reduce() function effectively as it determines the final result of the reduction process. By choosing the appropriate "opr" for the task, the programmer can achieve the desired outcome and manipulate the array elements in a specific way.