Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Forum does not have a board for newcomers

1. Mar 8, 2007 #1
    I noticed that the forum does not have a board for newcomers, so I'll try to make this as short and to the point as possible. Basically I've been teaching myself physics and its myriad of sister subjects for several months now through books and the internet alike. I love the subject, and plan on attending school in about a year (finances prevent a sooner starting date), but until then I've been looking for someone that can help with all the questions I've developed while studying on my own. Would this be a good forum for someone like me, or is it more suited to those who are already in school and need assistance with actual coursework and test subjects?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2007 #2
    Welcome Darkfox! Someone will be along with the fish and newcomer snacks soon.

4. Mar 8, 2007 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome! Yes, of course you may ask your questions. If they are things based on textbooks you're reading, you may find asking them in the homework help forums will get you the best responses from people with the most patience for beginner questions...it doesn't matter that it's not actual homework.

And, yes, now where did the frozen fish for new members get put? I think there was a problem with the freezer and some of it thawed out, but it should still be okay, right? :redface:

5. Mar 8, 2007 #4
    Welcome to PF!

6. Mar 8, 2007 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

You've come to the right place. Welcome to PF, Darkfox!

7. Mar 8, 2007 #6
    Welcome******

8. Mar 9, 2007 #7

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?