Exploring Poets' Physics: A Student's Journey

• Thread starter holly
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation is about the speaker taking a Poets' Physics course and discussing the online Homework Forum with a friend. They joke about the usernames of other users and their own struggles with the course. They also mention their physics professor and share some fantastical thoughts about being smarter. Overall, the conversation reveals the speaker's feelings of frustration and humor towards their physical science course.
holly
Since I'm taking Poets' Physics...

Regarding the Homework Forum:

Who's online right now?
Oh no, the calculus fiend.
I will wait to post.

Their names mean something...
"Integral," "chroot," "delta,"
Mysterious terms.

You just see my words.
To you, just simple problems.
Far away I cry.

A sudden insight:
Maybe more work, less crying
Would be in order.

Such easy problems!
Marcus yawns as he answers.
I am now humbled.

I want more coffee
But I sink back on the couch
Is this "inertia?"

Homework abandoned
I push open the screen door.
F=ma

My Horrible Physical Science Course:

Physics professor
Angry he's not at CalTech
Enjoys my hurt look.

Pretending to work
Alone at the lab table
I wish I weren't weird

The stacked young lady
Who got a 12 on the test
Remains teacher's pet

I see the air track:
Such hoping for the pink car!
No, not for our class.

Haughty professor
I think I know your secret
You are so lonely

With precision
Symbols weave a perfect web
Ink instead of silk.

My shy fantasy:
Strange fever leaves me changed.
Now I am smart, too.

Tower of Pisa:
I drop my professor's head.
V=10t?

ha ha it's more fun than studying

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice, holly, I enjoyed those.

As a fellow student taking Poets' Physics, I can definitely relate to the struggles and emotions expressed in this piece. It captures the unique experience of studying physics through the lens of poetry, and the challenges and rewards that come with it. The contrast between the serious, technical language of physics and the more creative and emotional language of poetry is beautifully portrayed here.

I also appreciate the inclusion of the online homework forum and the interactions with other students. It highlights the sense of community and camaraderie that can develop among students in a challenging course, as well as the moments of frustration and procrastination that we all face.

Overall, this piece captures the essence of the student experience in Poets' Physics - the mixture of curiosity, struggle, and humor that makes the journey both challenging and rewarding. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences in such a creative way.

1. What is "Exploring Poets' Physics: A Student's Journey" about?

"Exploring Poets' Physics: A Student's Journey" is a book that combines the world of poetry and physics in a unique and creative way. It follows the journey of a student as they discover the connections between the two seemingly different subjects.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

The target audience for "Exploring Poets' Physics: A Student's Journey" is high school or college students who are interested in both poetry and physics. However, it can also be enjoyed by anyone who is curious about the intersections between different areas of knowledge.

3. How is poetry related to physics?

Poetry and physics may seem unrelated at first, but they both involve observation and exploration of the world around us. Both subjects also require creativity and imagination to make connections and understand complex ideas.

4. What can readers expect to learn from this book?

Readers can expect to learn about the connections between poetry and physics, as well as gain a deeper understanding of both subjects. They will also be introduced to new concepts and ideas, and will be encouraged to think critically and creatively.

5. Is this book suitable for someone who doesn't have a strong background in either poetry or physics?

Yes, this book is suitable for readers with varying levels of knowledge in poetry and physics. The author presents the information in a clear and accessible way, making it easy for readers to follow along and learn something new, regardless of their background in the subjects.