Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Forum subscriptions

1. Oct 20, 2012 #1

Mentallic

Homework Helper

I use the shortcut from My PF to get to a forum I commonly use by subscribing to that forum. It's a very handy feature that I feel sets this forum apart from many others on the net, so I'm glad it's here :smile:

However, the only problem I have with it is that the unsubscribe button is just underneath the actual forum link, so sometimes I'll accidentally misclick the forum link and unsubscribe instead. It's just a little nuisance that I'd have to go back to the forum manually and re-subscribe, and from then on I'd be cautious of where I'm pressing just so I don't actually slip and land on those unsubscribe buttons again.

So I suggest there be a confirmation message to this action.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2012 #2
    I'll test it and see how we can make it more convenient. thanks!

4. Oct 22, 2012 #3
    And while you're at subscriptions, I would love to subscribe to "quoted", to have a notification if somebody quoted my post anywhere.

5. Oct 22, 2012 #4

Mentallic

Homework Helper

Thanks Greg :smile:

6. Oct 22, 2012 #5
    That would be a neat feature! Unfortunately we are at a end-of-life point in our software and any programming modifications will need to be converted for next upgrade and that is a huge PITA :)

7. Oct 22, 2012 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:eek:!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook