Barcelona - Champions of Europe

• Thread starter kaos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Europe
In summary, Barcelona won the Champions League, defeating European rivals Arsenal. The term "Forza" is an Italian word that means "strength to", and is used by Spanish fans of Barca to encourage their team. The word "Forza" is not spanish or catalan, but belongs to the weird catalonian language. Brazil is a strong contender for the World Cup in July, but no one can predict the outcome.
kaos
Forza Barca!

any barca fans around? Congrats , Barcelona champions of europe!

U guys showed them gooners what football is all about!

Physics news on Phys.org
I knew they were going to win.
Barca, duh-duh-duh!

btw, is there any place on the net allowing me to see videos/goals?

Last edited:
Fyi

Barcelona Can Only Win Against Ten Men

Benji is a bit of a barca, mainly when he is exited or when some one knocks the door.

Is "Forza" a word in Spanish as well? All I know is "Forza Ferrari" which tells me "Forza" is an Italian word.

Curious3141 said:
Is "Forza" a word in Spanish as well? All I know is "Forza Ferrari" which tells me "Forza" is an Italian word.

It is a spanish word, but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what Forza Barca is supposed to mean in english.

Forzar is 'to force', but conjugates as fuerz- not forz-. Unless its the imperative (command), which might be Forza. Still having trouble making that make sense in english.

NO PLEASE

Here no please. Are the catalonians invaded this forum too?.

I'm spanish, from Madrid, and I was supporting furiosly Arsenal. Now Barça has won we have to bear the anti-nationalist celebrations of the catalonians, like burning the spanish flag and shouting that they are a supreme civilization.

The word "Forza" belongs to the weird catalonian language, which has nothing to do with spanish (Castellano). I wish Arsenal had won, but the akwards work of Leman (the goalie) made it impossible.

Clausius2 said:
NO PLEASE

Here no please. Are the catalonians invaded this forum too?.

I'm spanish, from Madrid, and I was supporting furiosly Arsenal. Now Barça has won we have to bear the anti-nationalist celebrations of the catalonians, like burning the spanish flag and shouting that they are a supreme civilization.

The word "Forza" belongs to the weird catalonian language, which has nothing to do with spanish (Castellano). I wish Arsenal had won, but the akwards work of Leman (the goalie) made it impossible.

Well, I only know castellano, so this may be why I couldn't figure it out. So how does it translate anyway?

Well, when people (racing fans) say "Forza Ferrari", it sort of means "Strength to Ferrari" or something like that. It's not very well defined, really.

Curious3141 said:
Well, when people (racing fans) say "Forza Ferrari", it sort of means "Strength to Ferrari" or something like that. It's not very well defined, really.

I figured its not, hence the problem. Ok, yeah that makes sense.

Arsenal didn't play well.

I don't think Henry was right in saying the ref had a Barca shirt on - Eboue dived like a salmon to get the free-kick leading to Sol's goal.

Henry should've tucked away the 3rd minute chance - Arsenal should've got him the ball more.

Lehmann couldn't do anything but bring Eto (I think?) down - lucky the ref didn't award the goal too.

Barca deserved to win.

It was a bit like watching England vs Brazil - the nerves at knowing that at any time Ronaldinhio might waltzed through the defence and flick one past the keeper - on the international stage, he's in a different league from Henry.

Brazil for the world cup - I wouldn't bet against it, but just maybe a header from Sol will decide it in July...

The word Forza is neither spanish nor catalan. It's an italian word meaning "very much", or "strength to". The catalan word for the same expression is "força", hence it should be written "força barca"

Last edited:
meteor said:
The word Forza is neither spanish nor catalan. It's an italian word meaning "very much", or "strength to".

Yup, that's what I thought.

Aren't Forza the right-wing fans of Juve? (or is it Lazio?)

I am not exactly a Barcalona fan, my favourite is Real Madrid. But I am glad Barcalona won because I don't like Arsenal! :biggrin: :tongue:

Reshma said:
I am not exactly a Barcalona fan, my favourite is Real Madrid. But I am glad Barcalona won because I don't like Arsenal! :biggrin: :tongue:
Real Madrid??

Bunch of pensioners :tongue:

Hey they are #2 on the Spanish League!

Reshma said:
Hey they are #2 on the Spanish League!
Yeah - there's a big gap between 1 and 2 :wink:

And it's still like watching some all-star team of the 90s when they play :tongue:

Doesn't matter even if they are 12 points behind, I still like them :tongue:!

Forza barca!

Forza
Norwich!

:biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin:

1. What is "Barcelona - Champions of Europe"?

"Barcelona - Champions of Europe" is a title given to FC Barcelona, a professional soccer team based in Barcelona, Spain, after they won the UEFA Champions League tournament, the most prestigious club competition in European soccer.

2. When did FC Barcelona become champions of Europe?

FC Barcelona became champions of Europe most recently in the 2014-2015 season, after defeating Juventus in the final match of the UEFA Champions League.

3. How many times has FC Barcelona won the UEFA Champions League?

FC Barcelona has won the UEFA Champions League a total of five times, in 1992, 2006, 2009, 2011, and 2015.

4. Who were the key players in FC Barcelona's Champions League victory?

Some of the key players in FC Barcelona's Champions League victory in 2015 include Lionel Messi, Neymar Jr., and Luis Suarez, who form the team's formidable attacking trio. Other important players include Andres Iniesta, Gerard Pique, and Ivan Rakitic.

5. How does winning the UEFA Champions League impact FC Barcelona's legacy?

Winning the UEFA Champions League solidifies FC Barcelona's legacy as one of the most successful and dominant soccer teams in the world. It also adds to the team's impressive record of winning numerous domestic and international titles throughout its history.