Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fountain of youth

1. Dec 14, 2009 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think I must've found it :rolleyes:

The other day a guy approached me that I should be smiling (of course, what else is new). He told me I looked 10 years younger than my age (apparently I am supposed to look like a mom). I rather just look my age, but ok.

So today I went to buy some coffee liqueur and they asked for my ID! That makes me 18! 11 Years younger! The guy behind me in the line, probably in his fifties, asked whether he should be showing his ID as well :rofl: I had a big laugh over it, maybe I should try it again next week!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2009 #2
    The clerk has to check your id, otherwise the clerk's job is on the line at your expense. The 50 year old guy will laugh anyways, regardless if the clerk gets fired or not.

4. Dec 14, 2009 #3
    On average, I would say people guess my age to be about 10 years lower than it is. If someone tells me they're going to guess my age I tell them it won't be easy because I'm younger than I look. That takes the average down few more years.

5. Dec 14, 2009 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

waht, I didn't mind at all to show my ID, I just said "sure" and showed it. The clerk became very confused after that, which made it a funny situation.

6. Dec 14, 2009 #5
    Someone guessed that I was in my early thirties and I am twenty-three fun. fun. fun.

Already having white hair doesn't help. Genetics are awesome.

7. Dec 14, 2009 #6

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Last time I was carded was one eldest child ago. That's 8 years.

8. Dec 14, 2009 #7
    It's all about the beard for guys. When I don't shave, look about five years older.

9. Dec 14, 2009 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Monique, you do look very young. You lucky girl!!

10. Dec 14, 2009 #9

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: thank you, let's just wait a few years before telling me that I look young :wink:
    I thought it was awkward that the guy said "women your age look like.. moms". That sure made me feel old.

11. Dec 14, 2009 #10

Pythagorean

Gold Member

I'm nearly 30 but I look 20. It doesn't make me feel giddy yet. Maybe give it ten years?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook