Fourier Analysis: Discrete Series & Transform

In summary, the conversation is about finding resources for Fourier analysis, specifically for a project on waves. The person is looking for a beginner-friendly textbook and internet sources, and mentions their knowledge in linear algebra and trigonometry. Another person suggests the classic text by Körner, but the first person is looking for downloadable sources. They later provide a link to 8 books and videos on Fourier analysis.
Omri
Hello all,

I'm looking for a good textbook, tutorial or anything like that about Fourier analysis: the discrete series and the Transform (very important - for a project about waves). I don't know a lot about Fourier analysis, so this textbook should start quite from the beginning. What I do know pretty well that might be relevant is linear algebra and (obviously) trigonometry.

Thank you very much for your help! :-)

Physics news on Phys.org
The classic text I believe is Körner. But it is an analysis text.

Actually I meant internet sources, preferably ones that I can download to my computer, like PDF files.

Please? It's important to me...

Hope this helps.

Here are 8 books on Fourier analysis. Some are in DjVu format. To view those files, download DjVu reader.
Download from this http://rapidshare.com/files/60774362/Fourier_Analysis.zip.html.
Here are some http://video.google.com/videosearch?num=10&so=0&hl=en&q=fourier+analysis+duration%3Along&start=0 on Fourier analysis as well.

1. What is Fourier analysis?

Fourier analysis is a mathematical technique used to decompose a function into its individual frequency components. It is based on the idea that any periodic function can be represented as a sum of simple sine and cosine functions with different frequencies and amplitudes.

2. What is the difference between discrete series and transform in Fourier analysis?

Discrete series in Fourier analysis refers to the representation of a discrete-time signal as a sum of discrete sinusoidal components. On the other hand, transform in Fourier analysis refers to the representation of a continuous-time signal as a continuous spectrum of frequencies.

3. How is Fourier analysis used in signal processing?

Fourier analysis is used in signal processing to analyze and manipulate signals in both time and frequency domain. It is used in various applications such as filtering, compression, and signal reconstruction.

4. Can Fourier analysis be applied to non-periodic signals?

Yes, Fourier analysis can be applied to non-periodic signals using the Fourier transform. The Fourier transform allows for the analysis of non-periodic signals by representing them as a continuous spectrum of frequencies.

5. What are some common applications of Fourier analysis?

Some common applications of Fourier analysis include audio and image processing, data compression, and solving differential equations. It is also widely used in fields such as physics, engineering, and finance for data analysis and modeling.