Not the Right Place: Sorry for the Wrong Forum!

• Thread starter Tom1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, "Not the Right Place: Sorry for the Wrong Forum!" is a phrase used on online forums to acknowledge and apologize for posting in the wrong place. It is important to post in the right forum to maintain organization and respect for the community. To avoid posting in the wrong forum, read the forum's rules and guidelines and use the search function. If you realize you posted in the wrong forum, delete and repost in the correct one or reach out to moderators for assistance. Posting in the wrong forum on purpose is not acceptable and can result in consequences.
Tom1
Wrong forum! Sorry!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Schaum's outline "Mathematical Handbook" has a function that looks a lot like that- pg 133, in my edition. It's written as:

F(x) = [tex]\left\stackrel{sin(x) 0 < x< \pi}{0 \pi < x< 2\pi}\[/tex]

And the Fourier expansion is given as :

[tex]\frac{1}{\pi}+\frac{1}{2} sin(x) - \frac{2}{\pi} (\frac{cos(2x)}{1*3}+\frac{cos(4x)}{3*5}+\frac{cos(6x)}{5*7}+...)[/tex]

Last edited:

No need to apologize, mistakes happen. It's important to make sure your content is posted in the appropriate forum so that it can reach the right audience and generate meaningful discussions. In the future, double check before posting to ensure your content is in the right place. Thank you for understanding.

What is "Not the Right Place: Sorry for the Wrong Forum!" about?

"Not the Right Place: Sorry for the Wrong Forum!" is a phrase commonly used on online forums and discussion boards when a user realizes that their post or comment is not relevant to the topic or category of the forum. It is a way of acknowledging and apologizing for posting in the wrong place.

Why is it important to post in the right forum?

Posting in the right forum is important for maintaining the organization and purpose of the forum. It allows users to easily find and contribute to relevant discussions, and it shows respect for the community and its rules. Posting in the wrong forum can also lead to confusion and frustration for other users.

How can I avoid posting in the wrong forum?

To avoid posting in the wrong forum, make sure to read the forum's rules and guidelines before posting. Check the forum categories and subcategories to find the most appropriate place for your post. You can also use the search function to see if there are already discussions on the topic you want to post about.

What should I do if I realize I posted in the wrong forum?

If you realize that you have posted in the wrong forum, the best course of action is to delete your post or comment and repost it in the correct forum. You can also reach out to the forum moderators for assistance. Remember to apologize for any inconvenience caused by your mistake.

Is it okay to post in the wrong forum on purpose?

No, it is not okay to post in the wrong forum on purpose. Doing so can be seen as spamming or trolling and can lead to consequences such as getting banned from the forum. It is important to follow the rules and guidelines of the forum and respect the community and its purpose.