1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fourier series

1. May 18, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    if 0<[tex]\lambda[/tex]<1 and f(x) = x for 0[tex]\leq[/tex]x[tex]\leq[/tex][tex]\lambda\pi[/tex]
    and f(x) = ([tex]\lambda[/tex]/1-[tex]\lambda[/tex])([tex]\pi[/tex]-[tex]\lambda[/tex]) for [tex]\lambda[/tex][tex]\pi[/tex][tex]\leq[/tex]x[tex]\leq[/tex][tex]\pi[/tex]

2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2008 #2
    show

f(x)=2/[tex]\pi[/tex](1-[tex]\lambda[/tex]) [tex]\sum[/tex] (sinn[tex]\lambda[/tex][tex]\pi[/tex]sinnx)/n[tex]^{2}[/tex]

4. May 18, 2008 #3
    so am i right a[tex]_{0}[/tex] and a[tex]_{n}[/tex] are both 0

so then is b[tex]_{n}[/tex] = 1/[tex]\pi[/tex] [tex]\int^{\lambda\pi}_{0}[/tex] xsin(n[tex]\pi[/tex]x/[tex]\pi[/tex]) + 1/[tex]\pi[/tex] [tex]\int[/tex] [tex]^{\pi}_{\lambda\pi}[/tex] ---- sin(n[tex]\pi[/tex]x/[tex]\pi[/tex])

5. May 18, 2008 #4

Defennder

Homework Helper

I'm not sure what you're writing here, is it [tex]\lambda \pi[/tex] or [tex]\lambda^{\pi}[/tex] ?

6. May 19, 2008 #5
    its ([tex]\lambda[/tex])([tex]\pi[/tex]) not powered or anything, all on the same line but came out funny sometimes, phi seem to move up a bit

7. May 19, 2008 #6

Vid

Use itex instead of tex if you want math symbols to look right in the middle of a line of text.

8. May 26, 2008 #7
    so am i right a[tex]_{o}[/tex] and a[tex]_{n}[/tex] are both 0

so then is b[tex]_{n}[/tex] = 1/[itex]\pi[/itex] [itex]\int^{\lambda\pi}_{0}[/itex] xsin(n[itex]\pi[/itex]x/[itex]\pi[/itex]) + 1/[itex]\pi[/itex] [itex]\int^{pi}_{\lambda\pi}[/itex] ([tex]\lambda[/tex]/1-[tex]\lambda[/tex])([itex]\pi[/itex]-x) sin(n[itex]\pi[/itex]x/[itex]\pi[/itex])

do i work from here?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?