Solving Fourier Transform of f(x)=1/(x^2+6x+13)

In summary, the student is struggling with finding the Fourier transform of a given function and has attempted to integrate it without success. They are seeking help and clarification on how to approach the problem but are unable to provide a specific solution attempt. The conversation ends with the student deciding to seek help from someone else.
saxen

Homework Statement

Hi y'all, ran into some trouble with a Fourier transform

Im supposed to find the Fourier transform of

f(x)=[itex]\frac{1}{x^{2}+6x+13}[/itex]

Homework Equations

Not that I know

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried integrating this with no luck.

All help is as usual very much appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
What are your thoughts on how to do the integration?

vela said:
What are your thoughts on how to do the integration?

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean how I technically evaluate it?

What I'm getting at is the rules of the forum say you need to show a serious attempt at doing the problem yourself. Simply saying "I tried but couldn't figure it out" doesn't cut it.

vela said:
What I'm getting at is the rules of the forum say you need to show a serious attempt at doing the problem yourself. Simply saying "I tried but couldn't figure it out" doesn't cut it.

Well then, not much else to then lock thread I guess. Will call a friend instead. Thank you for reading though.

What is the Fourier transform of f(x)=1/(x^2+6x+13)?

The Fourier transform of f(x) = 1/(x^2+6x+13) is F(ω) = πe^(-2π|ω|)/√5.

What is the purpose of solving the Fourier transform of f(x)=1/(x^2+6x+13)?

The Fourier transform is used to decompose a function into its frequency components, making it easier to analyze and manipulate in the frequency domain. It is a fundamental tool in signal processing, image processing, and other areas of science and engineering.

How do you solve the Fourier transform of f(x)=1/(x^2+6x+13)?

To solve the Fourier transform of f(x) = 1/(x^2+6x+13), you can use the formula F(ω) = ∫f(x)e^(-2πiωx)dx, where ∫ is the integral symbol and i is the imaginary unit. Then, use techniques such as completing the square or partial fraction decomposition to simplify the integrand and evaluate the integral.

What are the properties of the Fourier transform of f(x)=1/(x^2+6x+13)?

The Fourier transform of f(x) = 1/(x^2+6x+13) has several important properties, including linearity, time/frequency shifting, convolution, and duality. It also has a special symmetry property known as the Fourier transform pair, where the transform of a function is equal to the inverse transform of its Fourier transform.

How is the Fourier transform of f(x)=1/(x^2+6x+13) used in real-world applications?

The Fourier transform of f(x) = 1/(x^2+6x+13) has many practical applications, such as in signal and image processing, audio and video compression, and medical imaging. It is also used in solving differential equations and modeling physical systems in engineering and physics.