Bug: Clicked on Wrong User Page (Evo Not Chroot)

• Thread starter scott1
  • Start date
In summary, there is a bug on the main page where clicking on the last poster's username in a thread may bring up a different user's page. This happens because the last poster name is not updated immediately and the link is a function that goes to the last post. This is not a bug, but a feature designed to save processor power. However, this may not always match the actual last poster. Some people have found it confusing, but others see it as an opportunity to appear smarter than they are. It is unclear whether this will be fixed in the future.
scott1
I(accednditly) clicked on the last poster user name on the main page. It was in GD for the hello thread and the last poster was evo. But it brought up Chroots user page and not evo's!

Physics news on Phys.org
That happens to me sometimes as well. I mean I click on the last poster of another thread not the 1 I wanted!:smile:

Its not a bug, such stats are generated instantly to save processor power.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Its not a bug, such stats are generated instantly to save processor power.
How does that make it not a bug?

DaveC426913 said:
How does that make it not a bug?

ack, I mean they are not generated instantly. The last poster name is not updated immediately, however the link is a function that goes to the last post. Many times they will not match.

I'm glad you clarified that, I was beginning to think that anyone trying to view my profile would get chroot. Actually, that's not bad, they'd think I was a lot smarter than I am. :wink:

Greg Bernhardt said:
ack, I mean they are not generated instantly. The last poster name is not updated immediately, however the link is a function that goes to the last post. Many times they will not match.
(Actually, to be pedantic - knowing why it happens, and that there are no plans to fix it, does not make it any less a bug.) :wink:

who knows,who knows...

1. What is a "Bug: Clicked on Wrong User Page (Evo Not Chroot)"?

A "Bug: Clicked on Wrong User Page (Evo Not Chroot)" refers to a software issue where a user accidentally clicks on the wrong user page, causing problems with the Evolution software that is not installed in a chroot environment.

2. How does this bug affect users?

This bug can cause confusion and frustration for users, as they may end up on the wrong user page and have difficulty navigating back to the correct one. It may also cause issues with the functionality of Evolution software.

3. What causes this bug to occur?

This bug can occur due to a variety of factors, including user error, software glitches, or conflicts with other programs. It can also happen if the user has not properly set up their chroot environment for Evolution.

4. Is there a way to fix this bug?

Yes, there are several ways to fix this bug depending on the cause. Users can try restarting their computer, updating their software, or reinstalling Evolution and properly setting up their chroot environment. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to seek assistance from a technical support team.

5. How can I prevent this bug from happening?

To prevent this bug, it is important to ensure that the chroot environment for Evolution is set up correctly. Users should also be careful when navigating through user pages and make sure to double-check before clicking on any links. Keeping software and drivers up-to-date can also help prevent this bug from occurring.