Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fourm bug

1. Sep 2, 2006 #1
    I(accednditly) clicked on the last poster user name on the main page. It was in GD for the hello thread and the last poster was evo. But it brought up Chroots user page and not evo's!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2006 #2

Lisa!

Gold Member

That happens to me sometimes as well. I mean I click on the last poster of another thread not the 1 I wanted!:smile:

4. Sep 4, 2006 #3
    Its not a bug, such stats are generated instantly to save processor power.

5. Sep 4, 2006 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

How does that make it not a bug?

6. Sep 4, 2006 #5
    ack, I mean they are not generated instantly. The last poster name is not updated immediately, however the link is a function that goes to the last post. Many times they will not match.

7. Sep 4, 2006 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm glad you clarified that, I was beginning to think that anyone trying to view my profile would get chroot. Actually, that's not bad, they'd think I was a lot smarter than I am. :wink:

8. Sep 5, 2006 #7

DaveC426913

Gold Member

(Actually, to be pedantic - knowing why it happens, and that there are no plans to fix it, does not make it any less a bug.) :wink:

9. Sep 5, 2006 #8
    who knows,who knows...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?