Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fox News: 9-11 Kerry's fault.

1. Mar 16, 2004 #1
    Yup, here's why. Kerry was informed of security lapses at Logan International Airport. Kerry immediately forwarded the information to the Bush administration, but he should have known that the Bush administration was incompetent and would not prevent an attack. Therefore it was Kerry's fault.
    I kid you not, they actually said this. They were discussing this article in the NY Post:

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/20808.htm

which is also owned by Rupert Murdoch.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2004 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The pre-election games are starting.. aren't they?
    Is it really a grown up way to exercise politics? I have seen the commercials at the Bush/Gore face off a few years ago.. I couldn't believe it..

4. Mar 16, 2004 #3
    The Repugnicans are grasping at straws again. The sorriest part is that everything they've accused Kerry of, Bush is more guilty of. Bush was warned time and again about terrorism, and instead spent more of his first few months on vacation than any other president.

You know who else we should blame for this? Anybody who supports deregulating businesses, because it is deregulation which weakened oversight agencies to the point that they couldn't simply demand that the airports increase security.

5. Mar 16, 2004 #4
    No, it isn't...it is the way the media wants to run it though, in soundbytes, rumor, and innuendo, which is all much better for ratings that serious discussion of issues. You'll get a better discussion of issues from me and phatmonkey yelling at each other than you ever will from the mainstream media.

6. Mar 16, 2004 #5

kat

You should get your facts straight. Mr. Mead (DOT's inspector general)was a CLINTON nominee. Give me a break.

7. Mar 16, 2004 #6
    Re: Re: Fox News: 9-11 Kerry's fault.

What does that have to do with anything?

8. Mar 16, 2004 #7

kat

Re: Re: Re: Fox News: 9-11 Kerry's fault.

Jeez, I don't know, Zero! I guess nothing if your only interested in hyperbole, I guess everything if you're interested in keeping your facts straight.

*edit: On second thought, maybe you didn't bother to read the link he offered and actually believe that Kerry handed this vital information to the Bush administration. If that's the case, read the article....He did not, he handed it over to Mr. Mead, a Clinton nominee. There's plenty enough blame to go around for the failures that led to 9-11 without creating more fiction.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2004
  9. Mar 16, 2004 #8
    Re: Re: Re: Fox News: 9-11 Kerry's fault.

Don't you know? Everything is the fault of Clinton's penis.

10. Mar 16, 2004 #9
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Fox News: 9-11 Kerry's fault.

See, I read the article more closely than I read the first post of the thread. Nevertheless, someone being a Clinton nominee still has nothing to do with the main point, especially since Clinton's people were doing so much work that Bush and Co. chose to ignore.

11. Mar 16, 2004 #10

kat

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fox News: 9-11 Kerry's fault.

LOl, sorry..I forgot you're the propaganda king and pointing out the little minor details such as the entire last half of the originator of this threads post was nothing but an outright lie is a trifle..unless of course it fits in with your agenda, then it suddenly becomes a drastic error. Spare me.

12. Mar 16, 2004 #11
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fox News: 9-11 Kerry's fault.

Ranting again? Why don't you try focusing on the actual issue at stake. You made your "point", move on.

13. Mar 16, 2004 #12
    We finally agree on something!

14. Mar 16, 2004 #13
    Well, at least there is a slight chance that we'll at least bring up an actual issue every now and again. The media, on the other hand, isn't interested in facts or issues. Look at the numerous lies told about Gore, or the over-focus on Bush's 3 decades old military record. The media bias is about scandal, ratings, and money. Reporters seem to be generally lazy, and inclinded to accepting whatever nonsence is sold to them. Republicans are better at manipulating the media, but we can't blame them too much...we can blame the media itself for allowing themselves to be manipulated.

In this specific instance, what did we really expect Kerry to do, besides report the information to the relevant agency? And why would this be worth equal space with the Bush Administrations repeated ignoring of much more specific warnings about terrorism?

15. Mar 16, 2004 #14
    Am I the only one that read the article??

Where did Fox news say this??
    Get it through your head! Some local affiliate did an invesitgation on with some retired FAA agents and sent the information to Kerry. The retired FAA agent is unhappy with Kerry's actions, especially now with his rhetoric and condemnation of Bush.

Now let's see the truth about Kerry:

So what was the result of this prodding?
    Oh yes! Kerry taking credit for doing something about it! Luckily he took those guys advice and evidence, and made good on it!

uh oh!

uh oh AGAIN!

uh oh even more! He didn't even know what it was that he supposedly triggered.

16. Mar 16, 2004 #15
    Where's the "truth"? All I see is unsubstantiated claims made by a Bush supporter, and reported as fact by an incompetent right-wing media source.

17. Mar 16, 2004 #16

ShawnD

Science Advisor

Sounds like Kerry really dropped the ball here.

18. Mar 16, 2004 #17
    Well, I guess you're right. The new york post is the right's equicalent of your www.whatreallyhappened.com [zz)]

19. Mar 16, 2004 #18

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How about the fact the US is now looking into propaganda supposedly made by Bush by selling video's with 'newsitems', which were actually actors pretending to be reporters? Should that even have a place in a newsbroadcast, or would it be in the power of the president? I guess this would be an entire discussion on its own :P

20. Mar 16, 2004 #19
    Hmmmm...am I the only one questioning why this was published as an opinion piece, instead of straight news? It might have somthing to do with the fact that Paul Sperry hasn't bothered to do any but the most perfunctory research, and is only publishing unsustantiated claims, with no attempt to confirm them.

Seems to me that the evidence points to GAO dropping the ball. Here's an interesting quote from Brian Sullivan, back in September 2001, that repudiates the opinion article which quotes him:

Here's a link...take it with a grain of salt, I am still hunting down the original article. http://www.freedomtocare.org/page213.htm

21. Mar 16, 2004 #20
    I have no idea what you are talking about...but that is general for a right-wing media source to be compared with an obscure left-wing blog.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?