Why is Fox News so chaotic and unorganized?

• News
  • Thread starter The Smoking Man
  • Start date
  • Tags
    News
In summary: I didn't watch the whole thing)In summary, Fox News is apparently useless and President Bush is doing a better job than expected.
The Smoking Man
Fox News? President? Duh!

So I flipped on Fox News and was watching an interview with the mother of one of the pople on the Space Shuttle a couple of hours after the flight landed ... It was a cutesy piece but then ... Fox News Alert!

Rummy wants to talk ... so I start watching that and Rummy's eyes roll back in his head as he waxes elloquently over the increase in attacks in Iraq and how they are like the last desperate moves of the Nazis in WWII and likened them to the SS 'cult of death'. He then started taking questions and, forgetting what he had said 5 minutes before, people started prompting him from the press as to what he actually said. Then ... Fox News Alert!

Rummy gets trumped by BUSH who now wants to talk about the economy ...

Flip to Crawford and a bunch of Dudes who are dressed like they are filming a sequel to City Slickers with Billy Crystal ...

One problem ... the sound is trashed ... non-existent.

So, in their infinite wisdom, Fox spends 15 seconds telling us what they think Bush is saying and then while he looks like he is calling a square dance ... instead of going back to Rummy ... shows us the world temperatures for 3 minutes.

Back to Bush ... He wants to make the tax cuts permanent.

Now, I remember when Brown started making a press conference at the same time as Blair in the UK last year. There was one HELL of a hulabaloo over how the 'party' was disgustingly disorganized and that they couldn't even schedule public announcements that didn't walk all over each other.

So ... like ... do you Americans actually stand for this?

This is positively laughable.

Now, after two major announcements by the government that walked all over each other, do they offer any analysis?

Nope, they are reporting on a jailbreak while flipping back to some stock footage of the pilots inspecting the underside the wings of the shuttle.

Coming up next ... A story about underage boys having sex with their teacher and more on the jail break.

Back to the temperature... It'll be 41 in Abu Dabi tomorrow ...

Argh!

Physics news on Phys.org
The Smoking Man said:
So I flipped on Fox News and was watching an interview with the mother of one of the pople on the Space Shuttle a couple of hours after the flight landed ... It was a cutesy piece but then ... Fox News Alert!

Rummy wants to talk ... so I start watching that and Rummy's eyes roll back in his head as he waxes elloquently over the increase in attacks in Iraq and how they are like the last desperate moves of the Nazis in WWII and likened them to the SS 'cult of death'. He then started taking questions and, forgetting what he had said 5 minutes before, people started prompting him from the press as to what he actually said. Then ... Fox News Alert!

Rummy gets trumped by BUSH who now wants to talk about the economy ...

Flip to Crawford and a bunch of Dudes who are dressed like they are filming a sequel to City Slickers with Billy Crystal ...

One problem ... the sound is trashed ... non-existent.

So, in their infinite wisdom, Fox spends 15 seconds telling us what they think Bush is saying and then while he looks like he is calling a square dance ... instead of going back to Rummy ... shows us the world temperatures for 3 minutes.

Back to Bush ... He wants to make the tax cuts permanent.

Now, I remember when Brown started making a press conference at the same time as Blair in the UK last year. There was one HELL of a hulabaloo over how the 'party' was disgustingly disorganized and that they couldn't even schedule public announcements that didn't walk all over each other.

So ... like ... do you Americans actually stand for this?

This is positively laughable.
Sure, Americans admire that sort of thing. I remember a few years ago when Joe Delaney, a running back from the Kansas City Chiefs, saw three boys drowning in a lake and leapt into save them, in spite of not knowing how to swim himself. Delaney and two of the boys wound up drowning together. Everyone thought that was very heroic.

Surely some of Bush's staff watch Fox News. Upon seeing his Secretary of Defense drowning on TV, Bush immediately leapt into the rescue distracting Fox News from the embarrassing plight of his Secretary of Defense.

I wish I could have seen it. Just out of curiosity, Bush didn't happen to say "Read my lips!", did he? :rofl:

How convenient. The real press starts drilling down on Rummy, and the state press (A.K.A. FOX) diverts to Bush, who has audio problems...(or maybe nothing prepared to say?). Of course they would then go to something very safe like...the weather. TSM, it's bad for your health to watch that stuff--it'll make you have high blood pressure. :rofl:

How do you get ahold of Fox News in China?

russ_watters said:

On a TV :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sorry couldn't resist

russ_watters said:
We also get Fox News in europe (unfortunately). Now you know why relations are so bad between europe and the US :biggrin:

russ_watters said:
Certainly shatters some myths for you doesn't it?

I have satellite TV is the short answer.

I also get BBC World which includes BBC News. Then there are MSNBC and CNN.

It cost a whole 1,300 Yuan. $150 including the dish, the decoder and the card.

I get about 50 stations in total although a good few are Filipino.

Aussie stations are kind of funny because they tend to run all sorts of movies with Mel Gibson which predate Mad Max and Hugo Weaving movies (of Matrix and Prescilla, Queen of the Desert fame.)

It may interest you to know that the only people wearing little green uniforms here now are security guards.

The only people wearing Mao Hats and buying Red Books and Mao memorabillia are American tourists.

The Smoking Man said:
Aussie stations are kind of funny because they tend to run all sorts of movies with Mel Gibson which predate Mad Max and Hugo Weaving movies (of Matrix and Prescilla, Queen of the Desert fame.)
That's pretty funny :biggrin:
The only people wearing Mao Hats and buying Red Books and Mao memorabillia are American tourists.
But that's hysterical! :rofl: :rofl:

Smurf said:
That's pretty funny :biggrin:

But that's hysterical! :rofl: :rofl:

You don't know just how funny it is.

They even had to introduce American sizes for the Mao Stuff.

Anybody need anything by the way? I can get you complete red army uniforms, brand new in any size with overcoats and the floppy ear hats with sable lining used in the Russian campaigns.

I can even get you genuine Iraqi cammo sans desert although the AK-47's may take a while. :biggrin:

The Smoking Man said:
Anybody need anything by the way? I can get you complete red army uniforms, brand new in any size with overcoats and the floppy ear hats with sable lining used in the Russian campaigns.
That would be AWSOME. I need to get me one of those.

Art said:
We also get Fox News in europe (unfortunately). Now you know why relations are so bad between europe and the US :biggrin:
WOW!

You can get FOX news all over the world?

How embarassing. :blushing:

Skyhunter said:
WOW!

It spreads like a disease! Really, think why it is that a more legitimate (balanced) news source isn't broadcast instead. Insidious! Fortunately foreigners are more discerning and skeptical of what they read and hear than Americans (I hope).

Skyhunter said:
WOW!

of course, I got it on satellite when I was living in west africa. And that was years ago.

SOS2008 said:
It spreads like a disease! Really, think why it is that a more legitimate (balanced) news source isn't broadcast instead. Insidious! Fortunately foreigners are more discerning and skeptical of what they read and hear than Americans (I hope).
(Ummm ... Yup.)

SOS2008 said:
It spreads like a disease! Really, think why it is that a more legitimate (balanced) news source isn't broadcast instead. Insidious!

They're all broadcast. He even said he also gets BBC, MSNBC, and CNN.

I hear there is talk of putting Ed Schultz on Armed Forces Radio. I know that for the longest time there was only Rush Limbaugh.

I don't listen to armed forces radio, so does anyone know if this is true?

Twenty years ago my father(R) told me that Rush was just a mouthpiece for some rich guy's agenda. I didn't pay much attention because "everyone knew Rush was over the top." It still amazes me how, the older I get, the smarter my father he gets.

I never understood how propaganda worked until I read Mein Kampf. The truth doesn't matter as long as you can control the message. The bigger the lie the better, just keep repeating it till it becomes common knowledge.

Smurf said:
That would be AWSOME. I need to get me one of those.
Would that include the optional AK-47 in a long or the recoiless rifle with the french cuffs?

Skyhunter said:
WOW!

I think I figued out the survey that declared that Fox news was non-partisan ...

The NEWS is non-partisan. Unfortunately IT lasts for only about 5 minutes. It is the 55 minutes of party political broadcasts in between each news segment that is biased. :yuck:

The Smoking Man said:
Would that include the optional AK-47 in a long or the recoiless rifle with the french cuffs?
I'd have to go with the French Cuffs, I can get a 47 myself if I wanted one.

loseyourname said:
They're all broadcast. He even said he also gets BBC, MSNBC, and CNN.
A bit of humor, though U.S. state news in other countries does seem questionable.
Skyhunter said:
I never understood how propaganda worked until I read Mein Kampf. The truth doesn't matter as long as you can control the message. The bigger the lie the better, just keep repeating it till it becomes common knowledge.
Speaking of which, I was just listening to Dan Bartlett on Hardball (MSNBC). He was repeating several big lies such as how the war in Iraq was making Americans safer. :yuck:

Last edited:
The Smoking Man said:
I think I figued out the survey that declared that Fox news was non-partisan ...

The NEWS is non-partisan. Unfortunately IT lasts for only about 5 minutes. It is the 55 minutes of party political broadcasts in between each news segment that is biased. :yuck:
They also blur the line by having their "news guys" give commentary without qualifying it first.

I use this link when i want to know what is going on with FAUX news. They watch so I don't have to.

http://www.newshounds.us/

Almost all TV is crap now a days why would the news be any differant. I haven't watched the news in years.

Here in California we have the wonderful live broadcasting of "high speed chases" that cuts into just about anything else at least once a month it seems.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Almost all TV is crap now a days why would the news be any differant. I haven't watched the news in years.

Here in California we have the wonderful live broadcasting of "high speed chases" that cuts into just about anything else at least once a month it seems.
Same here, for awhile I would watch the same story on different networks to see how each one was spinning it. I finally lost interest, about the same time I discovered how to utilize the internet. Now I can check multiple sources of each story, find easy links to other sources, and BLOG with others to really get a wide perspective.

I am so glad that Al Gore invented the internet. :wink:

I accepted a TV that someone gave me because I had series of lectures on CD that I wanted to watch. (had to buy a CD player) I have cable TV with my BroadBand, but the only thing I have watched on it is the CAFTA vote on C-SPAN.

The Smoking Man said:

That's a good point. The two or three times I've actually watched news on Fox News, it wasn't that bad. It's just that 90% of their programming is pundits commenting on the news, not reporting it.

It's hardly just Fox, though. They get hell because they have conservative commentators, but all news stations have gone to crap with shouting matches and sensationalistic muckrakers on both sides taking the place of legitimate news. Even sports news channels do this now. The guy who shouts the loudest and makes the most clever insults gets the job. Forget sports knowledge.

loseyourname said:
That's a good point. The two or three times I've actually watched news on Fox News, it wasn't that bad. It's just that 90% of their programming is pundits commenting on the news, not reporting it.

It's hardly just Fox, though. They get hell because they have conservative commentators, but all news stations have gone to crap with shouting matches and sensationalistic muckrakers on both sides taking the place of legitimate news. Even sports news channels do this now. The guy who shouts the loudest and makes the most clever insults gets the job. Forget sports knowledge.
The most bizaar information I have heard comming out of the USA is that a lot of the youth are turning to 'The Daily Show' on Comedy Central to get their news because, believe it or not, they are the least biased.

Check out when Jon Stewart makes mincemeat of the 'Crossfire Guys' http://mediamatters.org/items/200410160003 ... for you neocons ... click on the picture and it will start to move and make a noise.

Jon Stewart is the greatest. The greatest thing about that show is that they do News on the News, and they really rip it apart and make it seem as ridiculous as it really is.
Right-Leaning people might not appreciate it as much, but check it out anyways.

loseyourname said:

And the worst of it is, the Conservatives will take the survey of the news being balanced and try to apply it to the whole of the programming and say that ALL programming on the network must therefore be unbiased.

How they can say that with a straight face... Well, if I was on there, there would be more on camera chuckling than when Tim Conway was on the Carol Burnett Show.

The Smoking Man said:
Check out when Jon Stewart makes mincemeat of the 'Crossfire Guys' http://mediamatters.org/items/200410160003 ... for you neocons ... click on the picture and it will start to move and make a noise.
That's a great video! "The show that leads into me is puppets making prank phone calls" :rofl: brilliant!

I am so glad that Al Gore invented the internet.
That's a perfect example of propaganda, right there. Snopes has a good explanation of what Al Gore actually said. His exact words were, "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." Though his words could be easily misconstrued, he did actually sponsor many of the bills which allowed the Internet to come to fruition. Vint Cerf even credits him with this. However, days after Gore made this statement, statements such as "Al Gore says he invented the Internet!" started making the rounds, and soon, people believed it.

The Smoking Man said:
The most bizaar information I have heard comming out of the USA is that a lot of the youth are turning to 'The Daily Show' on Comedy Central to get their news because, believe it or not, they are the least biased.

lol. that really is a great link. what were they thinking, letting jon stewart on that show? he tells them their show is hurting america and their only defence is that jon didn't grill kerry when he had the opportunity

devil-fire said:
lol. that really is a great link. what were they thinking, letting jon stewart on that show? he tells them their show is hurting america and their only defence is that jon didn't grill kerry when he had the opportunity
:rofl: A real interview about fake news!

2CentsWorth said:
:rofl: A real interview about fake news!
One Question ... could you tell which was which? :confused:

Manchot said:
That's a perfect example of propaganda, right there. Snopes has a good explanation of what Al Gore actually said. His exact words were, "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." Though his words could be easily misconstrued, he did actually sponsor many of the bills which allowed the Internet to come to fruition. Vint Cerf even credits him with this. However, days after Gore made this statement, statements such as "Al Gore says he invented the Internet!" started making the rounds, and soon, people believed it.
I use that one frequently when discussing propaganda. It catches people off guard because most people don't know what Al Gore actually said. Most believe the echos through the media started by Ann Coulter.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so easy to find propaganda in fox news! look at this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165362,00.html

"
How come you so wrong, my sweet neo-con?" That line is from a song which was written and sung by Rolling Stone Mick Jagger

A lot of people are talking about how it's Jagger taking a shot at George W. Bush. After all, underneath it all, he's still a Brit. He's in show biz, so that makes him a raving leftie and, of course, he hates George W. Bush.

My question is this: Since when is the world's biggest troublemaker getting all dewy-eyed and singing peace ballads? Come on.

Well Fox news never NEVER fails to defend bush and demonize anyone who critizice the government and entitle it into the "Leftie" label. Brainless people all over america watch this, and when someone dare to critizice bush, you are automaticale label as a "leftie" and all your arguments are invalid.

This is the guy (Mick) who has inspired God knows how many American criminals, those tattooed, toothless types you see lurking around places you want to just keep driving through. They all sit around saying, "Well, hell, if it's ok by Mick, I guess it's ok by me. I'll just go beat somebody's head in with a pool cue."

I just can believe he says this kind of bull****! this guy is a complete racist.

Last edited by a moderator: