1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

FPGA help

1. Jan 30, 2008 #1
    Hello everybody....

I have spartan 3-1000 FPGA and I want to show some graphs to CRT monitor using VGA. I Know how to show the graphs from the SRAM and give them into the VGA. the question is How to load these data into the SRAM?? --can anyone help me

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2008 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Design in a serial port and program it externally, or use JTAG, or use an SRAM that reads its contents at start-up from a flash ROM... there are many ways.

- Warren

4. Jan 31, 2008 #3
    Hi chroot..

My knowledge in this field is limited. I read about using JTAG but JTAG can be use to program the FPGA by loading .bin file (binary file) on it. so How can I use JTAG to load these data without effecting the FPGA.

Thinks chroot for your respons

5. Jan 31, 2008 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

How are you coding your FPGA? Are you using Verilog?

6. Jan 31, 2008 #5
    berkeman...
    No VHDL

7. Aug 22, 2008 #6
    Hi,
    I'm trying to load images from an SRAM card on the Xilinx ML401 board to a VGA monitor. Any chance you could give me a hand ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?