1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fractal Boundary

1. Dec 18, 2014 #1
    For my work, I need to check my calculations with an example of a fractal object. I searched on the internet, there are some examples of fractals with their hausdorff dimensions, but no boundary terms related.
    Also found some 1-d examples, but I need d>3 dimensional objects since my calculations are for BEC.

I need a fractal object that its boundary term is known in terms of the volume and the hausdorff dimension.
    For example, a regular box with lenght L in d-dim, the volume as Ld and the boundary term kL^d-1 (k is a const.)
    I need such an example for a fractal object or (I don't know if there are any)a regular object with fractal boundary.

Maybe I couldn't express very good, but is there any book, paper, method you can recommend about this subject?
    thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2014 #2

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

4. Dec 19, 2014 #3
    They can be, yes, but I also need to know their boundary term in terms of volume element. Is there a rule to generalise any kind of fractal object to d-dimension? Because I may try to apply, I remember I found a fractal with boundary term with dimension less than 3.
    thank you very much.

5. Dec 19, 2014 #4

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

It's not hard to compute the fractal dimension of the boundaries of the d-dimensional generalisations of these. Have a go.

6. Dec 20, 2014 #5
    okay, I am thinking on it. thank you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted