Find a Fractal Object with Known Boundary Term

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for an example of a fractal object with a known boundary term in terms of volume and Hausdorff dimension. Various examples are mentioned, such as the Sierpinski carpet and Menger sponge, but the person also wants to know if there is a general rule for extending any type of fractal object to higher dimensions. They are advised to try computing the fractal dimension of the boundaries of the d-dimensional generalizations.
ssamsymn
For my work, I need to check my calculations with an example of a fractal object. I searched on the internet, there are some examples of fractals with their hausdorff dimensions, but no boundary terms related.
Also found some 1-d examples, but I need d>3 dimensional objects since my calculations are for BEC.

I need a fractal object that its boundary term is known in terms of the volume and the hausdorff dimension.
For example, a regular box with length L in d-dim, the volume as Ld and the boundary term kL^d-1 (k is a const.)
I need such an example for a fractal object or (I don't know if there are any)a regular object with fractal boundary.

Maybe I couldn't express very good, but is there any book, paper, method you can recommend about this subject?
thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
They can be, yes, but I also need to know their boundary term in terms of volume element. Is there a rule to generalise any kind of fractal object to d-dimension? Because I may try to apply, I remember I found a fractal with boundary term with dimension less than 3.
thank you very much.

ssamsymn said:
Is there a rule to generalise any kind of fractal object to d-dimension?
It's not hard to compute the fractal dimension of the boundaries of the d-dimensional generalisations of these. Have a go.

okay, I am thinking on it. thank you.

1. What is a fractal object?

A fractal object is a geometric shape or pattern that displays self-similarity at different scales. This means that the object appears similar when zoomed in or out, with repeating patterns at smaller and larger scales.

2. How do you find a fractal object with known boundary term?

To find a fractal object with a known boundary term, you can use a mathematical process called iteration. This involves repeatedly applying a specific transformation or rule to a starting shape, creating a sequence of increasingly complex shapes. By controlling the parameters of the transformation, you can create fractal objects with different boundary terms.

3. What is the significance of finding a fractal object with known boundary term?

Finding a fractal object with a known boundary term allows us to better understand the underlying mathematical principles behind the object's self-similarity. It also has practical applications in fields such as computer graphics, where fractal objects can be used to create visually appealing and realistic images.

4. Can fractal objects have more than one known boundary term?

Yes, fractal objects can have multiple known boundary terms. This means that the object can display self-similarity at different scales in more than one way. Fractal objects with multiple known boundary terms are often more complex and have a higher level of detail.

5. Are all fractal objects infinite in size?

Not all fractal objects are infinite in size. Some fractal objects have a finite size, meaning they have a definite boundary and can be contained within a certain area. However, many fractal objects do have an infinite size or can continue to expand infinitely, such as the famous Mandelbrot set.