Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fractal name?

  1. Sep 22, 2008 #1
    I'm not exactly even sure what group to post this in-- as a child (perhaps 10 years old or so), I happened upon this fractal pattern by folding a piece of paper in half multiple times. Anyway, some years later, when I learned more about fractals, I recognized it for what it was, but I never was able to find out if it had a proper name. Anyone recognize it?


    Attached Files:

  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2008 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

  4. Sep 23, 2008 #3
    Woah, thanks! I had remembered "Julia sets", but those were clearly wrong. Neat to see that they even mention the unfolding paper example in the wiki article.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook