1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fractals HELP HELP HELP NEEDED

1. Oct 25, 2006 #1
    I have a portfolio due tomorrow and I don't understand the wording of the q

applying the relationship between successive terms of Nn, Ln, Pn, an, and An, use a spreadsheet or similar software to find the values of each parameter up to the value n where An+1 = An to within one millionth of a square unit. (what is the value of this limiting n?)

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 26, 2006 #2
    This is why you need software because you do not know what that value is yet. I am a little confused as to what the question is asking as well but do the terms Nn etc. have forumlae assosiated with them?

The Bob (2004 ©)

4. Oct 26, 2006 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Sincd you have told us nothing about the "relationship", I don't see how you can expec anyone to give you advice. Apparently you are given some equation relating these various things. All I can say is enter the formula into whatever software you are using and repeatedly calculate An until a the first five decimal places (1 milliionth) start repeating

5. Oct 26, 2006 #4
    sorry for the lack of info but yes I do have equations. I'm conncted from a phone so it would be pretty hard to write out MY equation for An...here's the equation in words: square root of 3 over 4 + square root of 3 over 12 * ((9/5 -9/5(4/9)^n)... what software do you advise me to use?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  6. Oct 26, 2006 #5
    oh I got it thanks hallsofivy...your explanation was the most accurate!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?